Esteemed Contributor

Re: Suggestions for digital camera under $150.

Before I had a phone with a camera, I had a Nikon Coolpix - it was great, easy to use and took good pictures.

Honored Contributor

my son is a avid fisherman and does guided trips -- I bought him the Canon point & shoot many years ago before GoPro, affordable SLRs and phones to take good pics.

still uses this today and still takes great pics! He is still using from a few years ago the Canon dvd camera offered by Q(it takes film & video).

Honored Contributor

Well- I turned 62 Saturday and I must be old and cannot comprehend new stuff!!!  I purchased the Nikon Coolpix S2900. I read the manual. Not difficult to set up. Took a few photos before going out to eat. Restaurant was dark and had problems seeing icons on camera to take photos and inside photos dark. One photo outside on the lake took great photos of ducks in pond. Then friend wanted me to transfer photo to her: she replied: "should have told you to purchase something with wifi to use with your iPad and my cell phone"!!! God gave me the best birthday gift- a rainbow! We were riding in the car and not able to take a photo. I really wanted a neat small camera because I may be going on a cruise in January. I will probably give the Nikon to my other friend that needs a camera. I was able to purchase the Nikon bundle for a great price. More research for me. I appreciate all the help and suggestions. SouthernBee

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

Well- I turned 62 Saturday and I must be old and cannot comprehend new stuff!!!  I purchased the Nikon Coolpix S2900. I read the manual. Not difficult to set up. Took a few photos before going out to eat. Restaurant was dark and had problems seeing icons on camera to take photos and inside photos dark. One photo outside on the lake took great photos of ducks in pond. Then friend wanted me to transfer photo to her: she replied: "should have told you to purchase something with wifi to use with your iPad and my cell phone"!!! God gave me the best birthday gift- a rainbow! We were riding in the car and not able to take a photo. I really wanted a neat small camera because I may be going on a cruise in January. I will probably give the Nikon to my other friend that needs a camera. I was able to purchase the Nikon bundle for a great price. More research for me. I appreciate all the help and suggestions. SouthernBee

@SouthernBee, you may not find a camera with wifi at $150 or under. The wifi feature typically has complaints from all users, no matter what the brand of camera, that it's difficult and complicated to set up. Mine is a PIT*.

However, since you have an iPad - the best purchase I've made as far as transferring photos is the Lightning to SD Card Camera Reader. It allows you to transfer photos from your camera directly to your iPad or an iPhone, MUCH faster than wifi (almost instantly) as long as the camera uses an SD type card (most do).

Only $29 and can be bought from Apple or many camera stores, Best Buy, Target, Walmart, etc.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde: Thank you for your help and information. I purchased my iPad in 2015: refurbished iPad 2  wifi32 GB ( 2nd generation). I only use the iPad at home because I have mobility issues. I am worried that I could drop it or forget and leave it somewhere. We do not have Apple Store in our area. I am still learning how to use it. My extended contract for tech support has expired. Reading information on the electronic boards helped me to decide to purchase the refurbished iPad which was one of the best purchase for me. My friend is trying to get me to purchase the iPhone but we are trying not to add extra monthly fees and we have a jitterbug basic phone and use only for emergencies. Southern Bee

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde: Trying to research the Apple reader and best I can determine this will not work with my IPad. I was given Amazon gift cards for birthday. So I could pay more for camera and doing more research. Never thought this would be so frustrating.

Honored Contributor

I really hoped the Apple lightening to sd card would work for my iPad. Someone suggested the Apple dock connection to VGA adapter and now I am really confused?!!!DH said I could spend $250 for camera. We cannot not find the disposable cameras in our area. I looked for disposable cameras on line and several reviews complained that the expiration date had expired. Still reading reviews and trying to decide.

Esteemed Contributor

I have Apple Iphone and it takes great pictures, but if you want to print and blow pictures up , no cell phone will give you the quality that a good camera will. If you don't blow your pictures up and print them , you will be  ok with cell.

Honored Contributor

Currently reading reviews for the Canon power shot ELPH  350 HS and the 

360 HS. Jet.com has a good price but I have not purchased anything from them. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Suggestions for digital camera $250.

Went to Sam's for passport photo and the lady used the Nikon Coolpix S2900. I thought that was interesting.  I was really considering the canon power shot elph 350/360 HS. My iPad  2nd generation model 1395/ serial F8QP204MDFHY does not have SD slot. Really confused about what to do and other options. Any suggestions appreciated. TIA. Southern Bee.