Esteemed Contributor

Suggestions for care pkg for college finals week

Does anyone have suggestions for this?  I want some goodies, but also nutritious with protein.  Anyone have ideas?  Thanks!

Respected Contributor

Re: Suggestions for care pkg for college finals week

[ Edited ]

Initial thoughts - 

granola bars - crunch helps you stay awake Smiley Happy

nuts - crunch factor and nutritious, protein

small flashlight - when you have to study and not bother roommate/s

Speaking of roommates - include enough to be shared with them

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you're looking for protein, you're probably looking at nuts or the protein bars themselves. A lot of those bars are junk but I have found that Larabars (some of them) and the RX bars are fairly clean without a lot of sugar except the natural fruit.

I also snack on some of the chips that are made from vegetables or I love Siete chips which are gluten free and taste really good. I especially love their nacho cheese variety. I find them pretty readily available now and they're not too terribly expensive for a better version of a junk food.  

ETA: you could also do nut butters with crackers for protein too.

Respected Contributor

@Laura14 - Good to 'see' you again. Haven't for a while and have wondered about you. (maybe I just don't go to the topics you do). Anyway, hope you've been well. =)

Honored Contributor

@ThinkingOutLoud  I've been gone for a long time but when I saw the closing I thought I'd come back for a final hurrah.  I've missed everyone (well most everyone) Smiley Very Happy

I have signed up on the other site so I hope I will see you there! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ready to drink coffee drinks. Teas and Taza chais.

Honored Contributor

Most appreciated?  A gift card in a sweet well wishes card!  That way they can get what they want, need, and will actually use!  They can bring it to their room or go out for a break.  

Been there, done that a long time ago and I can tell you that it is far better to have some cash on you to bring in, order in, or go out than stuff to deal with at this stressful time.  

Honored Contributor

AND with a gift card the people in and out of the dorm room or apt. won't eat it up from you!  Woman Embarassed

Esteemed Contributor

Gee, this brings back memories.  Used to send a package to our DD a long drive away.  When DS and his friends were in college, they got an apartment off campus.  It was within a driving distance, and I remember loading up the car to feed him and his three room mates.  Those were the days!

Respected Contributor

Isn't there a campus gift store card you can buy online or call the college?

Can you imagine packing everything up including drinks and shipping it?  One it will take forever to get there, two, how do you know she'll like those protein bars 3) the cost to ship is crazy, you'll be spending $15-20 on postage.

I like the prepaid VISA card or a campus gift store card, she can go get cold or hot drinks, bar, junk food etc.

Just me.

If you must ship something, stop at Walgreens, that's a great store to buy all those high protein bars and they have a great assortment of candy, nuts, bars, drinks etc.