Honored Contributor

Re: Suggestions for a nice Rose Fragrance please.

When I am looking for a single note scent, I always try Demeter first.

The price is right, you can buy very small bottles to sample, and Demeter always gets good reviews.

They have lovely single note scents, not just strange fragrances like Dirt, Tomatoes, Leather etc.

Here are reviews for Rose -

http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Demeter-Fragrance/Rose-15171.html

Respected Contributor

Hi R&R, I think you may like Guerlain's La Petite Robe Noir (Little Black Dress). In addition to rose, it has other fragrance notes, but the dry down on me is mainly rose. I'm not usually a rose fan, but I think this fragrance is nice. Hope you might get the chance to sample it:

Its simple signature enhances and romances several exceptional materials in a bold overdose—black cherry blinks the first wink. It is illustrated by a clever blend that extends exquisite almond and delicious berries. The second wink takes place as rose enters the stage. Finally, the shadowy temptations of licorice and smoky black tea are ever-so-revealing and lead to irresistible seduction. For the ultimate temptation, the entire creation is wrapped in Guerlinade—fresh, enigmatic, and exhilarating, mischievous and captivating.
Style:
Fresh. Enigmatic. Exhilarating

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Esteemed Contributor

On 5/24/2014 i like celery said:

Hi R&R, I think you may like Guerlain's La Petite Robe Noir (Little Black Dress). In addition to rose, it has other fragrance notes, but the dry down on me is mainly rose. I'm not usually a rose fan, but I think this fragrance is nice. Hope you might get the chance to sample it:

Its simple signature enhances and romances several exceptional materials in a bold overdose—black cherry blinks the first wink. It is illustrated by a clever blend that extends exquisite almond and delicious berries. The second wink takes place as rose enters the stage. Finally, the shadowy temptations of licorice and smoky black tea are ever-so-revealing and lead to irresistible seduction. For the ultimate temptation, the entire creation is wrapped in Guerlinade—fresh, enigmatic, and exhilarating, mischievous and captivating.
Style:
Fresh. Enigmatic. Exhilarating

This sounds delicious and I love the bottle.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

On 5/24/2014 shoekitty said:

Tubarose Gardenia, Private collection from Estee Lauder, I am not a rose, floral person. My scents are Beach, Bath, Dot, Honey, Grass. Fresh, clean scents. But this one is mesmerising, and so true to scent of a fresh, opening Tuberose.

It is late, and a warm night. The windows are open, and I just sprayed some in the room. It is the fragrance from the tuberose and gardenia, you get a little whiff of at night from the garden. You smell it, and think, mmmm, what was that!

I recently bought this perfume. When I first put it on I really didn't like it. Even after about 15 minutes....I still didn't like it. In about 30 minutes I took a whiff of my wrist again and it was something totally different. The longer it was on the more I liked it. Just goes to tell you ....you can't just smell the bottle or a perfume sample and get the full effect on what it will do on you. I like the fact that it is very true to what it says it is. I went back to the counter and bought the perfume and the body lotion!

Respected Contributor

this is the best rose perfume I have ever smelled - it isn't overly sweet

Atelier Cologne Rose Anonyme

"Top notes of Calabrian bergamot blend seamlessly with fresh Chinese ginger and Turkish rose essence. Next, the fragrance opens to a core of Turkish rose absolue and exotic incense from Somalia. Balancing the sweetness are base notes of Indonesian patchouli and earthy Indian papyrus."

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Super Contributor

On 5/22/2014 KittyLouWhoToo said:

I used to wear Joy by Jean Patou, a lovely blend of rose and jasmine.

P.S. to add that this used to be lovely, but I think it has changed from what I've read.

Many perfumers use synthetics now as the essential oils are so expensive.

Usually, if you go with the eau de parfums and avoid the eau de toilettes, you get a better product. Btw, I like Joy, too.

RE the Demeter suggestion, there are a few rose scents to choose from -- Bulgarian Rose, Naturals Rose, and Pruning Sheers. There are probably more.

Honored Contributor

On 5/24/2014 shoekitty said:

Tubarose Gardenia, Private collection from Estee Lauder, I am not a rose, floral person. My scents are Beach, Bath, Dot, Honey, Grass. Fresh, clean scents. But this one is mesmerising, and so true to scent of a fresh, opening Tuberose.

It is late, and a warm night. The windows are open, and I just sprayed some in the room. It is the fragrance from the tuberose and gardenia, you get a little whiff of at night from the garden. You smell it, and think, mmmm, what was that!

this is a fabulous scent AND a gorgeous bottle! my mom asked for this one year for christmas. she loves the bottles as much as the scents.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

On 5/23/2014 cater said:

R&R why are you not under the covers and sleeping?? Girl you need your rest.

Hello Cater..........well I stayed up way late last night.....I was not sleepy. I think I finally went to bed around 3 but snacked before then...ugh... I am just getting bigger....

Honored Contributor

Middle of the night eating will pack on the pounds. But you are finding that out, right?

Honored Contributor

nm