Respected Contributor

Suggest Vacuum with strong suction

Please wise board members suggest a lightweight, easily maneuverable vacuum with strong suction for wood floors. Must be bagless.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Am considering 

Hoover Wind Tunnel 3.

Thanks as always 

Honored Contributor

Re: Suggest Vacuum with strong suction

I have the Dyson V8 Absolute. It's bagless plus not heavy. I love it. The fluffy head works great on hardwood floors.

What about the TS on HSN for the Shark Rocket? They said last night it weighs less than 10 lbs.

If I did not have the Dyson I would try it.

I already have a Hoover Platinum Collection Lightweight UH30010COM Bagged Upright Vacuum with Canister. It picks up good but it's a pain in my rear.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bought a Shark Navigator Lift-Away Speed with the self-cleaning brush roll. The suction is so strong that I had to adjust it to make it easier to maneuver. It literally grabs on the floor and is hard to push, on carpet especially, if you don't adjust the suction...I've never had to do that ever with any other vacuum. What I love about the new brush roll, besides the no-hair wrap technology, is that I don't have to turn off the brush roll on hard floors because of the way it is designed with 'squeegie' things on the roll to keep things from scattering. It gets my floors clean like none of my other Sharks have done. 

ETA - This new Navigator is an all-new design. It doesn't even use the same size filters as my old Navigator Lift-Away. Some of the minor features are the similar while others are not, for example the dust cup removal has a different configuration as does the size of the brush head. The new brush head is wider.

Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

I have the Dyson V8 Absolute. It's bagless plus not heavy. I love it. The fluffy head works great on hardwood floors.

What about the TS on HSN for the Shark Rocket? They said last night it weighs less than 10 lbs.

If I did not have the Dyson I would try it.

I already have a Hoover Platinum Collection Lightweight UH30010COM Bagged Upright Vacuum with Canister. It picks up good but it's a pain in my rear.

Thanks for response, due to bilaterally shoulder surgery need an upright.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I bought a Shark Navigator Lift-Away Speed with the self-cleaning brush roll. The suction is so strong that I had to adjust it to make it easier to maneuver. It literally grabs on the floor and is hard to push, on carpet especially, if you don't adjust the suction...I've never had to do that ever with any other vacuum. What I love about the new brush roll, besides the no-hair wrap technology, is that I don't have to turn off the brush roll on hard floors because of the way it is designed with 'squeegie' things on the roll to keep things from scattering. It gets my floors clean like none of my other Sharks have done. 

Thanks for recommendation—— on sale at A. Are the filters washable?

Honored Contributor

@IMW wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

Thanks for recommendation—— on sale at A. Are the filters washable?

Yes, filters are washable. @IMW 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I purchased an Oreck - does a great job. I had a Hoover (which died early) and found it to be extremely noisy. And, I found the Oreck was much lighter than the Hoover.

Esteemed Contributor

@riley1 wrote:

I purchased an Oreck - does a great job. I had a Hoover (which died early) and found it to be extremely noisy. And, I found the Oreck was much lighter than the Hoover.

@riley1 

But she wants a bagless. Does Oreck make a bagless? I bought a Shark bagless about 6 mo. ago. Never again will I buy a bagless. Hate it. I should have replaced my Oreck with another Oreck.

Honored Contributor

I love my shark. Under $100 and I’ve had it 7 years and I’ve had no complaints. I have hardwood and carpet and two dogs and a cat. 

Valued Contributor

Another vote for the Dyson. I have had mine for years and it works great.

If you have Amazon Prime you might be able to find some good deals Prime Day as well.