Super Contributor

I don’t know how many of you are readers, or, what your taste is. 

I love mysteries,although my taste runs to the lighter end. Not interested in anything, too dark and heavy. 

Sue wrote the Alphabet series, A is for, B is for,  etc, she completed  

Y, but, there will never be a Z.  

I loved her books, her Kinsey Milhone was so endearingly human.

RIP,  thank you for sharing your wonderful gift, Sue🎈 

Respected Contributor

I read almost all of her books.  So sorry to hear this.

Trusted Contributor

I just read "Y" this week, & of course was looking forward to "Z".  Very sad.

Honored Contributor

@SUHsE

I read about it yesterday and it makes me very sad. I was a big fan of her books.

Respected Contributor

I also really enjoyed her series. I wonder if she had started on Z or recorded her thoughts on the end of the series. It would be interesting to know!

Honored Contributor

Re: Sue Grafton has died

[ Edited ]

Oh, my gosh. Thank you, @SUHsE, for the alert.  This is a blow.  I've read all the books to date, and so admired her stamina in approaching "Z is for....".  

She seemed a wonderful, complex, brilliant personality.  Unlike many detective fiction writers, her quality didn't diminish over time-- you could read the later books with as much pleaure and excitement as the first.  Sometimes more.  And that's quite a statement, considering her prolific output.

For those not familiar with her, she created a quirky, funny, iconoclastic detective, Kinsey Milhone, who lived in "Santa Teresa", California, a stand-in for Santa Barbara.  She wrote other books, but her huge achievement was starting a series with Kinsey beginning with "A is for Alibi",  concerning murder among affluent Santa Teresans...

If you like detective fiction, cannot recommend her books enough.  She and P.D. James are my favorites of the modern genre...    RIP Sue Grafton.

Honored Contributor

Grafton's alphabet series was one of my guilty pleasures.

RIP Sue  ---  and Kelsey,too. 

Respected Contributor
I enjoyed her books. I am reading "V" now. She was the answer on final Joepardy 9nce. 8 don't think anyone got it.
Honored Contributor

never heard of her

Trusted Contributor

Re: Sue Grafton has died

[ Edited ]

@wonderfulworld wrote:

I also really enjoyed her series. I wonder if she had started on Z or recorded her thoughts on the end of the series. It would be interesting to know!

@wonderfulworld - there is a thread on the Book Club forum about Sue Grafton that may be of interest to you (and others).

If you are a book lover (like me), please join us on the Book Club forum and share your thoughts with us!