Valued Contributor

Re: Suddenly, there are no more Gaming threads here!

suddenly, they're all back.  

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

FYI, here is the explanation about how this is happening.

What this means is that anyone who *does* have access to the Games will still see them on the Community Chat page.  It also means anyone who posted in that thread about getting access to the Games area may have been added to that area (which is what it said), so if you posted there to support the idea or say thank you but you don't actually want the access, you should make sure you let them know that.

EDIT:  here is more information that clarifies things.  I misunderstood.  The issue isn't that Game threads will still appear in Community Chat, because they *are* getting their own forum.  The issue is, if they don't hid the forum, then the Game threads will take over the view for all Forum topics, just like they were doing with Community Chat.

They are moving games as quickly as they can and as quickly as they are notified of them; however, they also said (further down in the thread I linked) that larger games with more than 2,000 replies are taking longer to move.

Hope this helps!

Respected Contributor

They're not all back!  There's now 3 pages for me in the gaming when there used to be one.   Old ones are being bumped and hopefully they can be moved.   The mod said that some had extremely large files and couldn't just be moved easily.

I see a lot of complaints about no answers, but no one is paying attention to the ones that are given.  

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

I thought they were gone yesterday, but I see they're back today.  

Respected Contributor

@WenGirl42 wrote:

@Justina wrote:

@MrsSweetieBear wrote:

I wouldn't quite call it "suddenly".  More like finally.  But yes it is much better with all those threads in their own place.  Thank you for getting the job done.

Exactly.  "Finally".

I am still baffled how a multi-billion dollar corporation couldn't get this right BEFORE the roll-out...and STILL has more work to do. Man Frustrated

And PLEASE....fix it so that you don't have to click AGAIN to see your post in the thread!  Geesh what a waste of time.

FYI, you don't actually *have* to click again.  It's a convenience they offer you, nothing more.  Once you post your reply you are taken back to where you were replying in the thread, and your reply posts where it's going to go (end of the thread or as a nested reply depending on settings...actually where you land in the thread after submitting your reply might be a setting too?  I'm not sure).  You can scroll down to it and it will be there, but clicking takes you right to it so it's easier.

A "waste of my time":  Not to mention having to click "Reply" THEN having to click "Quote" to respond to you WenGirl. Smiley Happy

-----------------

Back to responding to you....then I must be missing something because after I Post all I get is a box that says "Click to see your Post".  The only other item on my screen page is the original OP.  I am not automatically taken back to the thread.   Is there another Setting to take me back to the thread that I missed?

Honored Contributor

What do you call Song#3 if not a game?

Honored Contributor

YAY!!  Nothing against gamers (my beloved sister was an avid gamer on AOL when she was still well).  However, it really does need its own forum.

Making progress!!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

Well it looks like they are coming back.   and these aren't the old ones brought up to move to their new forum.  These are new ones you can tell by the number of the replies.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]
Woo Hoo👍🏻😎

Oh shoot, forget the Woo Hoo, didn't see the previous post 🙀