Respected Contributor

Re: Suddenly, there are no more Gaming threads here!

[ Edited ]

@MrsSweetieBear wrote:

I wouldn't quite call it "suddenly".  More like finally.  But yes it is much better with all those threads in their own place.  Thank you for getting the job done.

Exactly.  "Finally".

I am still baffled how a multi-billion dollar corporation couldn't get this right BEFORE the roll-out...and STILL has more work to do. Man Frustrated

And PLEASE....fix it so that you don't have to click AGAIN to see your post in the thread!  Geesh what a waste of time.

Esteemed Contributor

YEAH!!!

Respected Contributor

@Burnsite wrote:

I agree, Insomniac. 

At this point, they are sequestered in a hidden forum.  Who knew that QVC had its own "Area 51"? 

Or perhaps it's just temporary, until they can adjust the open list of furums available.

LOL, I think the mod said it would probably be temporary.  

There's still a few, but due to the size of them she said they all can't just be moved all at once.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

I still see a lot of gaming threads.

Respected Contributor

Gaming threads are back!

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

Wow, wish they'd make their minds up.

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Burnsite wrote:

I agree, Insomniac. 

At this point, they are sequestered in a hidden forum.  Who knew that QVC had its own "Area 51"? 

Or perhaps it's just temporary, until they can adjust the open list of furums available.

One of the mods said somewhere around here that they can't do that.  For anyone who has access to the Games forum, the threads are showing up in Community Chat (where they still exist but are "hidden").  So essentially, people can opt in to seeing the Gamers threads or they can not have them, which is what so many people wanted.  I don't know if this is a temporary solution or not, but it's a limitation of the new forum software.  I think if they made them their own forum this wouldn't be an issue, but maybe they can't do that without losing all of the already established threads?

EDIT: reply redacted, due to additional information becoming available (see reply 22) Cat Wink

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
They're baaaaaa-aaaaack!!!
Respected Contributor

@Justina wrote:

@MrsSweetieBear wrote:

I wouldn't quite call it "suddenly".  More like finally.  But yes it is much better with all those threads in their own place.  Thank you for getting the job done.

Exactly.  "Finally".

I am still baffled how a multi-billion dollar corporation couldn't get this right BEFORE the roll-out...and STILL has more work to do. Man Frustrated

And PLEASE....fix it so that you don't have to click AGAIN to see your post in the thread!  Geesh what a waste of time.

FYI, you don't actually *have* to click again.  It's a convenience they offer you, nothing more.  Once you post your reply you are taken back to where you were replying in the thread, and your reply posts where it's going to go (end of the thread or as a nested reply depending on settings...actually where you land in the thread after submitting your reply might be a setting too?  I'm not sure).  You can scroll down to it and it will be there, but clicking takes you right to it so it's easier.

Esteemed Contributor

The whole first page of Community Chat is full of gaming threads.  I wish they would get this fixed... it's very difficult to find the threads that I'm interested in.