Esteemed Contributor

Such a beautifully colored coat

I'm talking about Cricket.  But the deer aren't too shabby either. 

20200823_151747.jpg

20200823_172716.jpg

Five bucks ($5) guarding the perimeter

20200823_172832.jpg

20200819_212605.jpg

Drawer restocked today.

20200824_125203.jpg

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Trusted Contributor

Re: Such a beautifully colored coat

@MamaWick  I love looking at your deer pictures every day. I even show them to my husband. You lift my spirits every day. Thank you! And Cricket looks like a little sweetie.

Honored Contributor

Smile for my day, Cricket and the deer!  Cricket's fur is a pretty color, everyone is taking it easy and slow, a care free day!

I share my love for carrots with the deer, in fact I buy the small ones for snacks!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MamaWick   I came for an early check in.  It's just too hot outside. Totally agree with you about Cricket's beautiful coat. Love how your home coordinates with her both inside and outside.  
How wonderful are those bucks garding their family.  Reminds me of "circling the wagon" from old time westerns.
The carrots look yummy. Does Cricket like them?  My boys did and when they got older, I would cook them a while to soften.  Woofs 

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Honored Contributor

Cricket does appear to be a dear.  

His "dearness" is just as appealing -- if not more -- than the other "deerness."  LOL

Honored Contributor

love brindle coloring... the deer ain't bad either ;-)

Esteemed Contributor

What BEAUTIFUL pictures!!!! .... we have deer where I live but, closer to the New Jersey side of the island ... none of the deer have made it down to my area yet 🦌🦌 thanks for sharing 😍

Esteemed Contributor

An hour ago, PapaWick and I went deer berry picking, then he mowed while I weed whacked.  The deer now have fresh clippings!

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Esteemed Contributor

@MamaWick   Oh my! Your refrigerator looks like mine when I fed deer. Except I cut up cheaper 🥕 carrots! 
  The oats were expensive in 50 lb bags each week. Apples too! 🍎
  I see the last few deer often and am glad they're doing well without my feeding. They've been grazing and eating acorns and shrubbery. 🦌
  This Autumn those bucks will be playing fighting games with the antlers. Be very careful even though they're friendly. They are wild animals. LOVE THEM!❤️

Esteemed Contributor

@1Snickers the carrots are 98 cents a bag.  As for apples, I usually get them on sale.  The 50 pound bag of deer protein pellets is $12 and lasts a couple of weeks.  We aren't going broke...at least not yet.

Once the rut starts and the bucks start fighting, we will not be outside when they eat...that's for sure.