Respected Contributor

Re: Such a Sad story, had to vent

@Ms X  It's funny you would say that about your sister.  I used to joke that my little sis (whom I love very much) would have a guy coming in the front door as the last one was going out the back door!  It's not that she liked to play around with men, she just couldn't ever be without one.  Sometimes you just need a break, for Pete's sake!  Anyway, she's been with the same guy for over 10 years now, and they are perfect for each other, so all is well!

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

@Ms X  It's funny you would say that about your sister.  I used to joke that my little sis (whom I love very much) would have a guy coming in the front door as the last one was going out the back door!  It's not that she liked to play around with men, she just couldn't ever be without one.  Sometimes you just need a break, for Pete's sake!  Anyway, she's been with the same guy for over 10 years now, and they are perfect for each other, so all is well!

Hilarious!  Your little sister and my big sister are two of a kind!  And it all worked out in the end for them.

Honored Contributor

@Ms X And @2blonde - well....my younger sis is a magnet for idiots too.....she cannot be single for a nano-second, and goes from one loser to the next..... The last one took her for all her savings.....about 400k.  She still doesn't get it. She is pushing 50, lost her condo, had to file for bankruptcy, and has to start all over again....it is so frustrating....I haven't talked to her in months......she is draining.....

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

@MickD wrote:

@Ms X And @2blonde - well....my younger sis is a magnet for idiots too.....she cannot be single for a nano-second, and goes from one loser to the next..... The last one took her for all her savings.....about 400k.  She still doesn't get it. She is pushing 50, lost her condo, had to file for bankruptcy, and has to start all over again....it is so frustrating....I haven't talked to her in months......she is draining.....

That's so sad, MickD.  My sister ended up with a really great guy.  If you meet someone who you think might be good for her, perhaps you can have a party and invite the two of them.  I wouldn't say you are setting them up to either one of them, but you could introduce them and sit them near each other.  Maybe she needs someone who can see beyond whatever blindness she seems to have in terms of men.

Trusted Contributor

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

Some may have read about it in the news the past couple of days. A Husband and wife along with 3 of their 6 children were on the highway, he supposedly forced her to get in the car. She had asked him for a divorce. The 2 little boys  (ages 2 and 3) were in the back, Mom was in the front holding her 8 month old son. She managed to jump out of the car ( I think he had slowed down for some reason, all facts are still not clear) He told her he would kill her and as she tried to get away, he shot at her missing the mom but hitting the baby. The baby died. There was a Amber alert as safety for the 2 boys was a big concern but he apparently dropped them off at his mom's home. After a night's search for him, he turned himself in.  This is such a horrific crime and I hope he never see's the light of day ever again. This guy had a history of crimes, had been wanted for a parole violation since 2013. He had a previous 18 year prison sentence from a few years back but had been released after 6 months in prison. I have a 7 month old grandson who is healthy and happy, laughs out loud and is a very busy boy. My heart just breaks for that mother. I just get emotional thinking of this awful crime, just had to vent and thanks for reading my post.   

I have never heard of someone with an 18 yr sentence getting released after only 6 months unless the conviction was overturned or something similar.  How can that be?  This is a terrible tragedy.  I do wonder why she would ever get involved with, let alone have children with, someone with a lengthy history of crimes.  

Honored Contributor

@Ms X -  Haha...well, I've tried to set her up in the past....she's looked past the good ones. She lives in Alexandria, va and I live in ca.....so we can't be any further apart!!!!!!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Trusted Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

Unfortunately, this stuff happens more than you think.  Women need to start checking out the men they date or marry before they start have children with them.  You can't tell me these women don't know what kind of men they are involved with - let's be smart women - you deserve better!

Amen!!  In the 70s, a book titled "Any Woman Can" told women what to look for in a guy, how to pay attention to the warning signs, and a biggie, running in the opposite direction when the guy is toxic or doesn't want the same thing.  Even then he knew that living together wasn't a good idea (studies still back this up), and you don't try to change the guy who says he doesn't believe in marriage or want kids when you do.  And so on.

Women have an insane amount of inate power, but we toss it away to whine.

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Trusted Contributor

Unfortunately, that doesn't surprise me at all. It's a very rough place.
Trusted Contributor

Sorry--my comment just above was in response to the post about him taking his kids to the apartment complex in Furgeson. That complex is very rough.
Honored Contributor

@CardinalGirl wrote:
Sorry--my comment just above was in response to the post about him taking his kids to the apartment complex in Furgeson. That complex is very rough.

So that fact is true?  

I know rough areas tend to attract a rough crowd,

but it's just weird.  Sad to think there are some good people

living in these neighborhoods who can't financially move...

and another issue plagues them. 

Keep us updated if you hear more, okay? Thanks CG!