Honored Contributor

Re: Such A Strange Message I Get Here

@dooBdoo wrote:

@shaggygirl,  There's a problem in the "conversation" between this website and your browser and the data that's trying to move between the two.   Usually this involves a corruption in cookies or cache.   You need to clear browser cookies/cache/website data, quit the browser, and then relaunch.    If that doesn't work, try accessing this site with a different browser (and be sure you have the most current version of browser software).

@dooBdoo . Thanks!  I know how to clean my cookies on my desktop and will ask my kids to help with my laptop.  I hope that will clear it.

Esteemed Contributor

Glad I posted about it. There's some comfort in knowing it's not just me, or something I did wrong, am doing wrong, or something wrong with my computer.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@haddon9@shaggygirl, and others,  The problem is the way the site is interacting with some devices, some browsers.   But not all.  For this reason, it will show up for some of us but not all of us.    Also, clearing out cookies/cache/website data or using another browser will help for some people who are seeing the error message...  but I can pretty much guarantee the problem will come back for those devices until the website settles down.   

So, clear the cookies, etc., if you want to try and help your interaction at least a little...  or don't.

With it being the weekend, and a holiday weekend, we've learned from experience that there's usually no tech support so I have doubts we’ll see this mess worked out until sometime next week.   

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

You tell 'em @dooBdoo!

Thanks, @Kachina624!   I'm getting a migraine but you made me smile even so.   I've lost my patience with this shoddily-designed bargain-basement website and the company that seems to think it's okay to allow their corporation to put its worst foot forward limping along and doing nothing to improve.   Even though they began as a tv shopping network, they have to compete as a presence on the internet...  and they're failing miserably.   They don't care, clearly.   It's been this way far too long for us to believe it will improve.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Trusted Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

You tell 'em @dooBdoo!

Thanks, @Kachina624!   I'm getting a migraine but you made me smile even so.   I've lost my patience with this shoddily-designed bargain-basement website and the company that seems to think it's okay to allow their corporation to put its worst foot forward limping along and doing nothing to improve.   Even though they began as a tv shopping network, they have to compete as a presence on the internet...  and they're failing miserably.   They don't care, clearly.   It's been this way far too long for us to believe it will improve.

So very sorry you’re getting a migraine, dear @dooBdoo.  Sometimes I use peppermint oil when I’m beginning a headache and often it has helped. But I know a migraine is much worse. Typing out complicated explanations probably doesn’t help. I feel so bad for you.  😕

Honored Contributor

Thank you (((@Teddie))).❤️   You're always so kind.   I saw some things on the site last night that indicated the IT people were "tinkering under the hood" with the software.   So, I wasn't surprised to see the reports on threads today, but I can't really help anyone that much so trying to explain in detail probably isn't a good idea.   I'll go tend to my silly head right now.  Thanks, again.

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl....I have been getting that message when signing in....I just mentioned it to a moderator in customer care.

Honored Contributor

I just got that message, I don't know what it means but I did not change browsers.  I just typed QVC.com in again and refreshed.  That worked.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I just got that message, I don't know what it means but I did not change browsers.  I just typed QVC.com in again and refreshed.  That worked.

Good tip, @chrystaltree!   I believe the browser "back button" might help, too.   

I saw on another thread that @Beth-QVC has reported these problems to the IT department.

Esteemed Contributor

I managed the cookie clearing thing. Again thank you dooBdoo. You are always so generous with your time helping anyone here who gets hung up with computer questions and in need of really savvy computer person like you to guide and encourage.