Honored Contributor

@fortune  Dont you "subscribe" when you set up an account and give them your name, address, and credit card number?  How else are you suggesting it be done?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@fortune

What do you mean by "subscribing"?  Do you mean it's a premium channel that you have to pay your cable company extra for?  Which tv provider are you using?

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

Huh?  What does "subscribe to" mean?  It's a shopping channel, I doubt that they cable company would charge extra for shopping like they do with cable entertainment channels.  We get JTV as a station but Shop LC comes throguh one of the public service stations so there are blocks of time when it isn't available to us because they are showing public service programming.  

Respected Contributor

Technically I do subscribe as it comes with the DTV package.   Pay extra to have it, no.    I rarely watch it and shop from the website.   

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@fortune  Dont you "subscribe" when you set up an account and give them your name, address, and credit card number?  How else are you suggesting it be done?

@Kachina624

Kachina, right now, all the shopping channels come with my basic cable service.  Now JTV is asking you to call a number and subscribe (pay) in order to watch their channel on cable.

Respected Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@fortune

What do you mean by "subscribing"?  Do you mean it's a premium channel that you have to pay your cable company extra for?  Which tv provider are you using?

@shoesnbags

Yes!!!  All the other shopping channels come with the basic cable package.  JTV now wants us to pay extra to watch them!  I have Cox Cable Company.

Honored Contributor

i have cox cable at my apartment in the san diego county area. not sure where you are. JTV is on channel 97. you can watch JTV live on a computer also.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@fortune wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624

Kachina, right now, all the shopping channels come with my basic cable service.  Now JTV is asking you to call a number and subscribe (pay) in order to watch their channel on cable.

I think you might have that wrong.  Some cable companies do not offer JTV, so JTV asks people people to call their local cable company to let them know that they would like JTV.  It's not about paying for it.  If the cable company gets a lot of calls from viewers requesting JTV, the hope is that the cable company will at least consider offering it.

Esteemed Contributor

@fortune wrote:

@shoesnbags wrote:

@fortune

@shoesnbags

Yes!!!  All the other shopping channels come with the basic cable package.  JTV now wants us to pay extra to watch them!  I have Cox Cable Company.

@fortune

We have Cox Cable too, but I'm not sure if I get JTV because I've never watched it.  To answer your question, no I would not pay extra to get a shopping channel.  I do all of my QVC shopping online, only tuning in for a few selected vendors.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@fortune wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624

@fortune  Pay to watch JTV?   They need a big-time reality check. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment