Respected Contributor

Re: Stupid people taking selfies

Lapses of judgment run a continuum from no consequence to extreme dire consequence that affects multiple lives. We all live near that continuum throughout our lives, hopefully staying off of it most of the time. All kinds of awfulizations (awkward, forgetful, stupid, foolish, crazy, goofy, insane, irresponsible) can be assigned along that line.  Whenever crowds rise up with a lot of such words, I take a deep breath and stand back from the potential crowd noise of unleashed anger, irrational commentary, and harshness that speaks a cruel language.  I hope our country as a whole can pull back from it.

The pathetic soul who spaces out the dangers around them for foolishness, for attention, for any reason other than saving the life of another living person or creature, is certainly irresponsible and this woman was that, no question.

I wish I had focused more of my previous post on this topic on how people don't think about what they are doing rather than "lapse of judgment" since that was taken as the high point.

Whether at a zoo, stepping near a cliff or throwing gasoline on a fire, or in other areas of life, people are not using their heads, they are virtually walking around unconscious, while at the same time their minds are swimming in too much extraneous useless thought. It's an important issue, it's why accidents happen, sometimes why people fall down, have fender benders, etc.  All of us should be paying 100% attention to what we are doing at all times, be aware of what is going on right in front of and around us. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@apple1964 wrote:

I read online that there are many people who need therapy to stop taking these selfies, there are people out there who take over 300 to 400 selfies a day. Go on u tube and you will see videos of why and how they manage to take so much in one day. Just cray... cray. Woman Indifferent

@apple1964   They don't need therapy.  They need some people "judging" their stupid behavior and calling them out.  In light of other discussions recently here. . . Woman Indifferent

Well .. they were calling out these people for there obsession with this. I mean 300 to 400 a day for this women is more then normal for anyone.And not only for this women but there were quite a lot of folks out there with this obsession. Where do they have the time to take all these pictures? And why do they need so many pictures of themselves. Very disturbing and a little creepy.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

That zoo needs to change their barriers...that situation will happen again, you can bet on it.

I worked at a zoo for four years and you just wouldn't believe what some people do. I've seen it firsthand.

Honored Contributor

I just saw this on the news.  She was so stupid for stepping beyond the barrier.  

Honored Contributor

The stupid 'B' will probably sue the zoo and try to get them to pay for whatever Dr. bills she'll get.

Trusted Contributor

These kind of accidents are common place now. Driving while texting, walking while txting, taking selfies in dangerous places, all with disastrous outcomes. What’s happened to the average IQ of Americans’s since the 80’s?! We have to hope and pray that there’s not more narcissistic, stupid people in this country than not, because if there is, we’re in big trouble! 😳

Honored Contributor

Been in big trouble for a long time now LOL

Trusted Contributor

@Lyttlewyng wrote:

Stupidity doesn't stop at taking dangerous selfies. I shake my head when watching news reporting how people think they can get away with robberies, road rage, arbitrary violence, actors faking injustice, entertainers having secret encounters with minors, bullying on every level and every other stupid behavior you can think of. After these dumb individuals get caught, they respond with....."Why me?"

That's when I shout at the TV, "BECAUSE YOU'RE STUPID!"

@Lyttlewyng You are so right! Or when they get caught they blame something or someone else. There’s that joke about zombies taking over the country. I believe it’s morons trying to take over the country, but it’s hard to tell the difference because both are either unwilling or unable to think for themselves.

Trusted Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Been in big trouble for a long time now LOL

@SharkE Heh! Heh! Oh I hope not!😁

Honored Contributor

Did this woman have a child?

I could swear I heard it reported on GMA this morning that this woman had her child with her and did this in front of her child.  But I may have misheard and they said this happened in front of a child/children.