Honored Contributor

If it's everything it MUST be major!!!!!

Major everything or everything major - you choose.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't worry about how people say things.  Doesn't bother me.  I feel intent is the only thing I care about.  Are they good well meaning people trying to get through the day helping others.  

If the shows bother you in any way, do what I do... watch something else or go find something else to do.  

Trusted Contributor

@CalminHeart: I so agree and it amazes me how after continuous presentation of an item particularly the TSV their minds don’t wander. Mine would. I find it impressive that for the most part they stay on point. I know there are one or two who talk about everything but the product very much so it may be that they can’t stay focused.

Watching Leah now and she really stays on point. 

Honored Contributor

I think it's more the case that the vendors use these terms all the time and it's very unnerving.

Anymore I quickly just pop in & out to see what's going on but never fails every time there it is.

Honored Contributor

I love all those sayings.  Just sayin'.  Woman LOL

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

One expression that I have heard being overused lately is "you've got this".     When did this saying become so popular?   I was watching a few Hallmark movies lately and it just drove me crazy hearing all the characters continually using that expression.   When did that replace just saying good luck?  

Respected Contributor

Re: Stupid Saying

[ Edited ]

actully i have not hurd that saying. the saying that drives me nuts is when someone is saying something and they say at the end of the day. it doesnt make sense to me.

Respected Contributor

@Nataliesgramma

A couple of weeks ago on the Denim & Co show Carolyn remarked on the misuse of the word 'literally' during presentations.  She said the suitable word would be 'actually'.  Makes sense to me.  Good for Carolyn!

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Valued Contributor

I don't like "clap back".  And not a saying, but I don't like the new word "influencer" to describe people who have a large following on one of the social media's.  Just because I visit your Instagram or watch one of your youtube vids, does not mean I am "influenced" by you.  I might be amused by you or interested in your POV or even disgusted by you but I am not "influenced" by you.   

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.

-Rumi
Honored Contributor

Re: Stupid Saying

[ Edited ]

Just think how our parents felt when we used the same words over and over.  Some from the 60's....."cool", "groovy", "far out", "what a drag", "can you dig it", "not my bag".  Policeman were called "the fuz".

Then my daughter's age group in the 80's....."airhead", "get real", "mental", "sick", "gnarly", "radical", "duh", "take a chill pill", "barf", "righteous".

I think it's all kind of funny.  If I had to talk like they do....well...they would probably have to fire me the first day!  I guess after a while you would have to get "inventive".