Honored Contributor

Re: Stunning picture of the Atlanta snow

@PodyPo wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

Part of my backyard. That’s it. We’re done. Nothing to see here. No snow for us.  Just dead leaves. 

12265836-4734-4305-A42C-46EBC9E5DCDD.jpeg

Love this!

@PodyPo- come on over and help yourself to some dead leaves!  There’s more where these came from. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

What a beautiful backyard.  I love all the trees.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

All I can say is I don't know how anyone could live in Atlanta. It's a nice place but I totally freak out in the car when we have to drive through there. Told DH I'm never driving through Atlanta again. I will have a heart attack if I do. LOL!!! I had to take a xanax last time & I was still freaking out. 

I don't know which is worse driving through Atlanta Georgia or driving through Birmingham Alabama.

@Nightowlz  I lived in the LA (California) Beltway (DC) area and Atlanta area 3-4 decades ago and I can tell you, the traffic is very different now.  Ouch.  My husband will not drive through Atlanta or the DC area, but how can you get anywhere.  If you are flying, you just about have to go through Atlanta and if you live in the south.  It is often a preference to go to Atlanta rather than fly from a smaller air terminal and destinations in and out of Hartsfield should be a 4-letter word beginning with H.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nonametoday wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

All I can say is I don't know how anyone could live in Atlanta. It's a nice place but I totally freak out in the car when we have to drive through there. Told DH I'm never driving through Atlanta again. I will have a heart attack if I do. LOL!!! I had to take a xanax last time & I was still freaking out. 

I don't know which is worse driving through Atlanta Georgia or driving through Birmingham Alabama.

@Nightowlz  I lived in the LA (California) Beltway (DC) area and Atlanta area 3-4 decades ago and I can tell you, the traffic is very different now.  Ouch.  My husband will not drive through Atlanta or the DC area, but how can you get anywhere.  If you are flying, you just about have to go through Atlanta and if you live in the south.  It is often a preference to go to Atlanta rather than fly from a smaller air terminal and destinations in and out of Hartsfield should be a 4-letter word beginning with H.

@Nonametoday

We always drive. We don't fly. That's a problem. Have not been on a plane since 1978. If I did fly I would not land in Atlanta.

We live in a smaller area & don't have traffic like that. I can get from one side of town to the other in 10-15 mins depending on traffic. Most would say what traffic?

It was so nice when the gas prices were up. We drove to SC or Fl with no problems because there was nobody on the Interstate but Semi trucks. Now there is so much traffic I freak out.

I don't like to drive not even in the small area we live in. I'm in trouble.

My SIL lives in Ca & wants us to visit but there is no way we are going there.

I have been to DC so know all about their traffic nightmare.

My car is almost 6 yrs old now & only has 12,744 miles on it. LOL!!! Half the miles are going to from Fl or SC with DH driving. I used to help him drive on those trips but not anymore.

We stopped making them after I freaked out in the car but had to go back last year when my dad passed away. I had to get xanax from my doctor.

We were making the trip every year or two. Now I can't see my family.

There are places we would like to go but with the anxiety I have now I don't see that happening.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624:  My Sister in Law lives in Duluth and it is always a miserable winter (lake effect off Superior).  Anyway a number of years ago when it was 40 below the tires on her car all deflated (car wasn't garaged) and her teen son had to fix them all so she could get to work!! He had to unfasten valves w/o gloves I can't even imagine!

Honored Contributor

Okay whoever sent the wind down here, take it back.  Now. 

I have not taken my winter coat out of the closet and I don't intend to start.  It's colder today with that biting wind than it was yesterday for our "snow."  

Honored Contributor

@patbz.  Did you hear about the place in N. Dakota where it got down to -75° actual temp?  I can't even imagine...  I wore a sweater out today and was hot.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz  Would Amtrak be an option for you to get to Florida?

I don't drive and never did.  I don't like flying and haven't used airlines since the mid '70s.

Amtrak has a guest rewards card (not the same as their credit card) that is free to obtain with which you earn points for free travel.  I actually was able to travel to New Orleans free one way by using my accumulated points, and round trip from CT to DC using points before I retired and relocated from CT to DC.

Honored Contributor

I'm looking into my crystal ball and I see in those areas that have everybody staying home there will be a explosion of births in 9 months.

Probably more police called out for home troubles.

Parents having nervous breakdowns with staying home with own kids.

Can you imagine what the stores would had been like right before all this cold was predicted ? 

170113_040106_40017820.gif

Honored Contributor

@aroc3435 wrote:

@Nightowlz  Would Amtrak be an option for you to get to Florida?

I don't drive and never did.  I don't like flying and haven't used airlines since the mid '70s.

Amtrak has a guest rewards card (not the same as their credit card) that is free to obtain with which you earn points for free travel.  I actually was able to travel to New Orleans free one way by using my accumulated points, and round trip from CT to DC using points before I retired and relocated from CT to DC.

@aroc3435

Not likely. LOL!!! I don't see that happening. We live in Ok so would have to drive to OKC plus store our vehicle while gone (not happening) get on the train to go down thru Dallas down around Houston area along the coast up thru Alabama, Georgia & SC before it would go back down to Fl.??? That's going out of our way. I can get to Fl without going to SC first.

Never been on a train in my life. I would probably freak out on the train. They probably go too fast for me. It's also a long trip on a train.