Honored Contributor

Re: Stunning picture of the Atlanta snow

@gidgetgh  So happy that I'm not the only one left here in almost-February who still has dead leaves in her yard!

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@gidgetgh  So happy that I'm not the only one left here in almost-February who still has dead leaves in her yard!

@Pearlee- yep, they're still there.  Sigh.  My husband isn't doing very well with his Parkinson's right now and really isn't up to a lot of raking (and it's been too cold) and I strained my rotator cuff on my right arm so I'm not much help right now either.

Hopefully they'll just deteriorate and go away, LOL.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Trusted Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

My husband drove to Boston traffic daily , for years, we went to Atlanta years ago to see Dr, stanley at first baptist church, he had trouble driving there.

I used to loathe Boston traffic.  Then I drove through DC.  Yup..made Boston and NYC look like a Sunday drive. 

Enter and exit from everywhere.  I'm not sure I could even taxi around. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624, having been born/raised in northern Iowa and lived in Minnesota for a few years, I can tell you that homes up north are well insulated to withstand those frigid temps! Many homes have fireplaces, and that helps. A lot of people have heaters in their garages, and if they don't have garages, they have an electric warmer outdoors to connect to the car engine so that it will start. Heavy parkas with hoods and warm boots are the norm! Fashion isn't a consideration! LOL! We're a hardy bunch, just like everyone in all the northern states!

Honored Contributor

@jannabelle1 wrote:

@Kachina624, having been born/raised in northern Iowa and lived in Minnesota for a few years, I can tell you that homes up north are well insulated to withstand those frigid temps! Many homes have fireplaces, and that helps. A lot of people have heaters in their garages, and if they don't have garages, they have an electric warmer outdoors to connect to the car engine so that it will start. Heavy parkas with hoods and warm boots are the norm! Fashion isn't a consideration! LOL! We're a hardy bunch, just like everyone in all the northern states!

I used to have a car with a block heater.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was in Minneapolis during January for a funeral a couple of years ago and even the rental car guy handed us the keys and told us to make sure we had our gloves because we would need to uncover the car; it was partially buried in the snow....he said it was too cold for him to go out there...never again! I don’t think I could feel my feet for hours....it was 10 degrees and windy....

Trusted Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:

I was in Minneapolis during January for a funeral a couple of years ago and even the rental car guy handed us the keys and told us to make sure we had our gloves because we would need to uncover the car; it was partially buried in the snow....he said it was too cold for him to go out there...never again! I don’t think I could feel my feet for hours....it was 10 degrees and windy....

----------------------------------------

As a city, Minneapolis is great, but the climate does leave something to be desiredSmiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh

As long as those aren't Pin Oak leaves.  Those things will withstand a nuclear holocaust.

No snow here, just cold.  Went for a 3 mile walk earlier, it was 16 degrees and windy, but I was bundled and the sun poked through a few times.  Tonite it's supposed to go down to 4 degrees with a wicked wind chill.  The schools will be closed.  And I'll probably just have to skip the walk unless I wrap a scarf around my face so my nose doesn't freeze. Cat LOL

Super Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

Part of my backyard. That’s it. We’re done. Nothing to see here. No snow for us.  Just dead leaves. 

12265836-4734-4305-A42C-46EBC9E5DCDD.jpeg

Love this!

Super Contributor

Reminds me of my favorite Christmas carol:

Let it snow

Let it snow

Let it snow

Somewhere else

Somewhere else

Somewhere else