Honored Contributor

Stuffed peppers in the crockpot for dinner tonight... what is everyone making today?

Our AC is still not functioning properly so we are doing our cooking out on the grill - ours has one gas burner plus the grill - or in the electric skillet or crockpot outside. It's supposed to be 90 with humidity today so .... I suppose I'll have to make the potatoes on the grill burner. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Stuffed peppers in the crockpot for dinner tonight... what is everyone making today?

After two cheeseburgers, brownies and ice cream spread out over the three day week-end, salad only today and all week.  But this coming week-end........

Mid 90's here and the humidity was unbearable even at 6:00 this morning.   Your menu sounds delish!!

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Re: Stuffed peppers in the crockpot for dinner tonight... what is everyone making today?

After having over a week of a reprieve in terms of weather the heat and humidity blew back in so I grilled a bunch of stuff on my trusty Masterbuilt Grill yesterday so I am good for the week as I am not inclined to open the back door if I do not have to . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I'm so sorry your AC is out. That would make things unbearable where I live. Cooking on the grill and making stuffed peppers in the crockpot sounds like an excellent response to the situation.

Even WITH my AC on, I use my crockpot, air fryer, and multicooker a lot in the summer because it's just way too hot to turn the oven on and I don't want to stand over a hot stove, either.

I can't wait until November when I can start roasting vegetables in the oven. I've been using the air fryer to roast Brussels sprouts, but I haven't tried other vegetables in there.

Respected Contributor

@151949  Here's hoping for fast repair of your A.C.  

Our dinner tonight will be leftovers from a cookout on Sunday -- burgers and dogs.  I always steam buns, so will just add another bamboo basket to the stack to rewarm the meat.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor

I'll be making a large roasting pan full of peppers, onions, mushrooms, potatoes and italian sausage (mild and hot).  There will be plenty to share with a neighbor and for a couple of lunches and dinners too!

Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue  Thank goodness this camper has 2 AC units - living area and bedroom. So we have the bedroom one on and a fan blowing the cool air out to the rest of the trailer.It is remarably comfortable and the one AC is managing to control the humidity. So we aren't suffering - but we can't overly stress that other unit as it is a small unit made to just cool the one room. We have called for service - who knows when they will get here to do it - most likely not until it gets cool out. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AKgirl2 OMG this sounds delicious! I could do this in my Nesco roaster outside.

Respected Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@AKgirl2 OMG this sounds delicious! I could do this in my Nesco roaster outside.

Absolutely, a one and done dish!  My family and friends love it (me too)!