Esteemed Contributor

Re: Study finds Tylenol reduces empathy

@Tinkrbl44, I got it, too, which is why you got a heart. Woman Wink

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@truffle wrote:

Noel7 has stated she uses tylenol and I personally find her to be one of the most empathetic posters on the board.  Therefore, the study is bunk, imo.  Case closed.  NEXT STORY.  

@truffle 

Case closed?@    You have no idea how much and how regularly @Noel7 takes tylenol, so there is really no way any conclusion that can be drawn from such incomplete information.

(Not disparaging you, Noel7 .... I hope you know that)

@Tinkrbl44 Noel states in post #17 she takes it regularly and yes she is one of the most empathetic posters around.  I said case closed in a light hearted fashion - anyone is certainly able to continue this conversation if they so choose.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have alot of empathy, rarely take tylenol, but don't think that has anything to do with if you have empathy, or not. I want to know how you all are doing the @ thing.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@I have alot of empathy, rarely take tylenol, but don't think that has anything to do with if you have empathy, or not. I want to know how you all are doing the @ thing.

@goldensrbest@ hold down the shift key and press the @ sign, names will popup and you choose which one you want to be mentioned.  

Trusted Contributor

I think the researchers were hitting the wine bottle again and this is what they came up with. 

Frequent Contributor

I don't understand some of these posts - empathy is sorely lacking in our society and makes us a less just people. I think it a very important subject to study and research. 

Respected Contributor

I can't get past the fact that someone actually came up with this idea and felt it was important enough to do a study on...

In many institutions it is called publish or perish! Hence, as long as "research" is approved and funded by intramural or extramural grants, it is conducted....

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kimbobimbo wrote:

I don't understand some of these posts - empathy is sorely lacking in our society and makes us a less just people. I think it a very important subject to study and research. 

I agree.

We are quickly becoming a society that doesn't care about the welfare of others, and more of the society of "Me".

Sad.

Respected Contributor

The reearch subjects were college students, not mature adults who have lived and experienced life......could this have made a difference in the outcome of this kind of research protocol....  the first 3 years of a childs life is where empathy is developed/learned but how does it continue to evolve and how is it influenced by nature, nurture and society......

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

uh oh   i just took 2 for a sore throat.  i never take tylenol either  dh better not complain to me about anything!