Honored Contributor

Re: Students Throw Covid Parties

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

Foolish but indicative of a problem with not only a select few of their generation as well as my own. My neighbors had big Memorial Day parties and none of them are college age. Graduation parties as well with absolutely no masks or social distancing.

How many times have I read in this very forum how masks aren't happening for some here?

@Trinity11, I have 2 friends who are having huge 4th of July parties on Saturday.  There will be in excess of 100 people at both parties.  Guarantee you there will be no social distancing and no masks worn. Neither of the people throwing these parties have been careful at all and the one believes every conspiracy theory video coming down the pike and reposts them all on social media.  But I can guarantee you if he gets sick, he'll be posting all over his FB page about it.  Dude gets a hangnail we all have to know.  But I digress.  LOL

I will be sort of attending the 1 party that is later in the evening where the fireworks will be.  However, we own property next door so I will sit in my lawn chair on my own property and watch the display.

And both party throwers are people in their 40's.  

@Lipstickdiva 

I dont know about your city, but if there's a "snitch line"...I would report them just to protect all the other innocent people that the party goers could infect if even one person comes down with the virus....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Degeneracy is on the rise and our future looks brighter by the day.

Honored Contributor

@Oostende wrote:

If you are at risk, stay home, stay masked if you must go out, and stay safe.

You must accept the responsibility for your own circumstances regardless of what others do. 

If you're home, you are safe, despite the actions of others.

@Oostende 

But what's happening is for those of us that DO follow the safety precautions are being made PRISONERS in our home because of these IDIOTS that have an indifferent attitude and just don't give darn if they get the virus or spread it....  And there are things we DO have to take care of which require leaving the home....WE CANT STAY IMPRISONED IN OUR HOME FOREVER!!! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@Kachina624   I've heard the thing.  Yet, as a general rule, we can hand a 12 yr. old a gun to go hunting here, at 16 we can hand them a license and let them get behind the wheel of a 2000 lb. weapon, they can enlist at 18 and fight for the country, vote at 18  for a president. 

Oh, by the way, their brains aren't developed until 25.  Huh!

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

And what you said certainly explains a LOT of things... 😆😉

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I think that there are actually two different parties hitting the news today. One is group who wanted to Covid. But there was another large gathering from which many people were infected. Apparently, when contact tracers tried to get the party people to help them, they refused. They are now facing a large fine. Seems that did the trick.

@suzyQ3 

I saw that on the news too....the spokesperson for the tracers said the people cooperated when they were informed they could be fined up to $2,000

A DAY.....hitting them in their wallet was the perfect solution!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@MomCat wrote:

There is so much stupidity going on these days it's hard to believe these kids even have parents.  Or maybe these are the "give everyone a trophy" kids grown up.  Either way, it's disgusting! 

@MomCat 

You are spot on! "Everyone gets a participation trophy"! No winners, can't hurt their self esteem. 

My niece and nephew loved teaching school, until the above. They both quit, she became a lawyer, my nephew did construction. My partner in my race car, also a teacher, quit and became an over-the-road truck driver.

Too many parents: "not my little sweety pie", and the School Administers? Backed the parents and their little "sweety pies". They all had enough and quit!

hckynut 🏒

@hckynut 

Same thing here with teachers I also know two that quit.....one became a Realtor, and the other works as a Administrator in an office....They left for just the reasons you mentioned.....

We've come a long way from Leave It To Beaver when the parents supported what the teacher and principal said, no matter how negative the report....Why Mr. & Mrs. Cleaver were terrified to have that meeting with Mrs. Rayburn and embarrassed to find out what their child had done....

Honored Contributor

Re: Students Throw Covid Partiest

@stuyvesant wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Jaspersmom wrote:

Absolutely nothing surprises me anymore.  These kids are only as stupid as their adult role models.  As a NYer,  I'm furious that the rest of the country has been so arrogant and dismissive about the existence and spread of Covid 19.  We've worked so hard here to reduce the astronomical number of cases, have gotten them to near zero and now idiots from other states are bringing it back to us.  Wake up, people.  It's real.  You need a mask.  You need to social distance.  Stop being so selfish and self centered and start caring about other people.  

@Jaspersmom Well maybe all of us idiots, arrogant and dismissive people out here in the hinterlands will take your wise advice and after this is all over, not bring things to you wise and wonderful NYers--like our tourist dollars!

That's some attitude you've got going.  And how many states have you visited recently to know these things?  Do tell! 

You're just having a rip roaring ole time here, aren't you, @Sooner?

Don't like how the pandemic is being handled?  Move to a country you like better!

Don't like how other states are handling the pandemic?  You won't be getting MY tourist dollars!

You're social distancing yourself to a covid free existence.

@stuyvesant   Yes!  That's it!  One can never be too careful.  Computers have long been associated with viruses haven't they? Woman Surprised

So I thought it's time to join the party and blame somone who is not doing what I think they should!  I sure isn't ME being part of the problem!  Woman Wink