Trusted Contributor

Re: Students Throw Covid Parties

@Lipstickdiva  .....  Yes Dayton, Ohio made it mandatory to wear masks. They didn't have a choice. The town, not the county, has the highest spread of the virus. The governor even established a special task group to investigate.

Honored Contributor

@Sheila P-Burg wrote:

@Sooner  ......  I think you meant to address this to @Kachina624 . Her comment. I just asked a question.

@Sheila P-Burg Once again you are correcting my post and getting it wrong.  

I will make sure that I don't include you in any responses or respond to your posts therefore lifting from your shoulders the heavy burden of trying to make something else of my responses.  OK?  OK!  

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is argumentative.

Esteemed Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@Snoopp wrote:

There was a post made on facebook by a man who attended a COVID party.  He tested positive shortly afterward and posted that he wished he hadn't gone and basically, deeply regretted putting his family at risk.  Poor man died from COVID19.  

@Snoopp  Did he happen to say what led him to think going to the party in the first place was a good idea? 

It is is pretty basic survival stuff - I don’t even want to be around anyone with a cold and I actively avoid people who are sick. It doesn’t matter if I know I’d get better in a week or so. 

@willdob3,  I don't know if this is the story @Snoopp was referring to because this man did not attend a "covid party" but just a party.

I will provide an inactive link to an article about him but the key takeaway, for me, was the following:

A friend who was at the party reached out to Macias to say he had coronavirus, and he was aware of the diagnosis when he attended the gathering but didn't think he could infect anyone because he had no symptoms, Lopez said.

"Our understanding is that a gentleman had called him and said 'hey I was at the party, I knew I was positive. I didn't tell anybody,'" Lopez said. "I think the gentleman was regretting not telling everybody, and he was calling people who were at the party to recommend they get tested."

The article is worth reading in its entirety.  A simple mistake, a realization, deep regret and ultimately death.

abc7.com/thomas-macias-lake-elsinore-coronavirus-covid-19/6291796/

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

@Marp wrote:

Students in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, who have been diagnosed with COVID-19 have been attending parties in the city and surrounding area as part of a disturbing contest to see who can catch the virus first, a city council member told ABC News on Wednesday.

Tuscaloosa City Councilor Sonya McKinstry said students have been organizing "COVID parties" as a game to intentionally infect each other with the contagion that has killed more than 127,000 people in the United States. She said she recently learned of the behavior and informed the city council of the parties occurring in the city.

She said the organizers of the parties are purposely inviting guests who have COVID-19.

"They put money in a pot and they try to get COVID. Whoever gets COVID first gets the pot. It makes no sense," McKinstry said. "They're intentionally doing it."

Tuscaloosa Fire Chief Randy Smith told the City Council on Tuesday that he has confirmed the students' careless behavior.

More:  abcnews.go.com/US/alabama-students-throwing-covid-parties-infected-officials/story?id=71552514

Even I think that is so stupid!

And that's saying something!

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

Remember the day when we lamented about college aged kids eatin Tide pods?

Ah, good times!

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Trusted Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Sheila P-Burg wrote:

@Sooner  ......  I think you meant to address this to @Kachina624 . Her comment. I just asked a question.

@Sheila P-Burg Once again you are correcting my post and getting it wrong.  

I will make sure that I don't include you in any responses or respond to your posts therefore lifting from your shoulders the heavy burden of trying to make something else of my responses.  OK?  OK!  

@Sooner  ..... I am sorry you feel I have been disrespectful to you. I did not understand why you directed your post to me when my post was a question for clarification of a previous post submitted. 

As for "once again correcting your post".  I was not aware of that happening.

If not including me in any responses and not responding to my posts makes your time on the forum more enjoyable I encourage you to do so. 

Honored Contributor

I think that there are actually two different parties hitting the news today. One is group who wanted to Covid. But there was another large gathering from which many people were infected. Apparently, when contact tracers tried to get the party people to help them, they refused. They are now facing a large fine. Seems that did the trick.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

The things you do when your young and stupid!

Esteemed Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

@Snoopp wrote:

There was a post made on facebook by a man who attended a COVID party.  He tested positive shortly afterward and posted that he wished he hadn't gone and basically, deeply regretted putting his family at risk.  Poor man died from COVID19.  

@Snoopp  Did he happen to say what led him to think going to the party in the first place was a good idea? 

It is is pretty basic survival stuff - I don’t even want to be around anyone with a cold and I actively avoid people who are sick. It doesn’t matter if I know I’d get better in a week or so. 

@willdob3,  I don't know if this is the story @Snoopp was referring to because this man did not attend a "covid party" but just a party.

I will provide an inactive link to an article about him but the key takeaway, for me, was the following:

A friend who was at the party reached out to Macias to say he had coronavirus, and he was aware of the diagnosis when he attended the gathering but didn't think he could infect anyone because he had no symptoms, Lopez said.

"Our understanding is that a gentleman had called him and said 'hey I was at the party, I knew I was positive. I didn't tell anybody,'" Lopez said. "I think the gentleman was regretting not telling everybody, and he was calling people who were at the party to recommend they get tested."

The article is worth reading in its entirety.  A simple mistake, a realization, deep regret and ultimately death.

abc7.com/thomas-macias-lake-elsinore-coronavirus-covid-19/6291796/

That might be the same person.  There are more reports out there now.  The story I read didn't name the person.

Very sad this poor man had to lose his life from going to a party.