Honored Contributor

Re: Students Throw Covid Parties

@MomCat wrote:

There is so much stupidity going on these days it's hard to believe these kids even have parents.  Or maybe these are the "give everyone a trophy" kids grown up.  Either way, it's disgusting! 

I agree with you and could add more, but I won't.  I am truly scared for our country.  Something is clearly wrong with some young folks...not just the normal stupid stuff, but serious stuff with possible serious repercussions.

Honored Contributor

Are some of them the ones who were (maybe still are) eating laundry detergent buds?  

'I don't know'...........could be that some (not all) have been exposed to various chemicals, thus affecting their thinking processes. (?)

I'm just trying to figure it all out.

Or, could it be that some are more interested in their inheritances(?).

So much to think and wonder about..............

Keep safe, everyone.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I saw on our local news today that Dayton, Ohio is now requiring masks.

I follow our governor on social media.  There is definitely the crowd calling for mandatory masks and there are those who are screaming that is infringing on their rights and they won't wear one even if they are mandated.  And then of course there is the typical name calling.  It's very eye opening to read the comments and realize the intelligence level of some people and the selfishness of some. 

Esteemed Contributor

There was a post made on facebook by a man who attended a COVID party.  He tested positive shortly afterward and posted that he wished he hadn't gone and basically, deeply regretted putting his family at risk.  Poor man died from COVID19.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Janey2  Bless your heart. Your post touched my heart! I understand your frustration, and exasperation, I really do. but PLEASE don't lose hope. There's always hope, and we will eventually get through this. "Hopefully,"  stronger, and wiser!🙏🙏❤

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I saw on our local news today that Dayton, Ohio is now requiring masks.

I follow our governor on social media.  There is definitely the crowd calling for mandatory masks and there are those who are screaming that is infringing on their rights and they won't wear one even if they are mandated.  And then of course there is the typical name calling.  It's very eye opening to read the comments and realize the intelligence level of some people and the selfishness of some. 

Same thing here in my state of Kansas. Gov issued mandatory mask rule and there's the group whining that it's infringing on their rights and won't do it. Somehow they said it can be up to local govts. to decide as a neighboring county already voted against the mask mandate.  

Honored Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

There was a post made on facebook by a man who attended a COVID party.  He tested positive shortly afterward and posted that he wished he hadn't gone and basically, deeply regretted putting his family at risk.  Poor man died from COVID19.  

@Snoopp  Did he happen to say what led him to think going to the party in the first place was a good idea? 

It is is pretty basic survival stuff - I don’t even want to be around anyone with a cold and I actively avoid people who are sick. It doesn’t matter if I know I’d get better in a week or so. 

Esteemed Contributor

@willdob3   I read that the man that died got a call from someone else who was at the party.

The man said he tested  positive before the party but he didn't think he could infect others as he had no symptoms, so he attended and didn't tell anyone.

Honored Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

Terrible way to learn a lesson, but I just hope he didn't kill anybody else along the way.

Esteemed Contributor

My concern is for the number of people whose lives are going to be adversely affected, solely due to careless, reckless and self-gratifying behavior. It truly breaks my heart.🤔

There is a light at the end of the tunnel, and I will be so grateful when we've found our way through it.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖