Respected Contributor

Re: Students Throw Covid Parties

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Oostende wrote:

If you are at risk, stay home, stay masked if you must go out, and stay safe.

You must accept the responsibility for your own circumstances regardless of what others do. 

If you're home, you are safe, despite the actions of others.

1 Million Hearts HeartHeartHeartHeartHeart

Exactly, and the constant harping and posting and reposting stories about others NOT doing what they're supposed to do does no good. You can't control what others do.

Honored Contributor

I did not read all the comments, so don't know if this was mentioned.  Tuscaloosa is a college town.  However, all the students were sent home long ago, so these kids, while they may be college students, should not be currently enrolled and going to classes there.  More than likely, they're a bunch of bored local college age kids.  But, that begs the question, if they are living at home with their parents, where do they tell their parents they are going?  Or do the parents care enough to even ask.  I can't think of anywhere they should be going at night that would be considered a safe option. 

Esteemed Contributor

😲..........😬

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

@Oostende wrote:

If you are at risk, stay home, stay masked if you must go out, and stay safe.

You must accept the responsibility for your own circumstances regardless of what others do. 

If you're home, you are safe, despite the actions of others.

^^^THIS^^^ is what's really tiresome.

EVERYONE is at risk, or did you develope a bulletproof vaccine and forget to tell everyone about it? Even little children have died of COVID-19. The whole concept of youth being bulletproof and not "at risk" is a canard that's so expired it's growing hairy mold.

Being masked doesn't cut YOUR risk, it cuts the risks that those around you experience if you have the virus.

What we're discussing is people failing to "accept the responsibility" for their "circumstances." The people we're talking about waded unmasked into throngs of other unmasked people, had close contact, and some have gotten infected as a result of that failure to "accept the responsibility" for their "circumstances." These are people who are largely old enough to vote, serve in the armed forces, drink, smoke, marry, and do other so-called adult things. Their youth doesn't get them a pass for their actions. 

If you're home, you're safe, as long as no one enters your home who doesn't behave safely, too. If they do, you're no longer safe unless you have an N95 mask and are wearing it properly.

Argh.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is baiting and argumentative

Honored Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

I think that's deplorable, irresponsible behavior. Let's see how funny they think it is when one of them is on a ventilator.

exactly,

or at a funeral

Respected Contributor

There is so much stupidity going on these days it's hard to believe these kids even have parents.  Or maybe these are the "give everyone a trophy" kids grown up.  Either way, it's disgusting! 

Honored Contributor

Why would we expect them to act any more responsibly than their parents?

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Trusted Contributor

If you listen to the news you have to understand why there is so much confusion over what to do and what not to do.

Dr. Fauci testified the other day "we are going in the wrong direction". Today during a press conference relating to the U.S. job report the comment was the virus was being contained and under control. 

Wear a mask? Sure but when. Show by example. You cannot tell people that they should wear a mask and then not do it yourself. 

My area is getting hit hard. Our companies that have just opened up are having multiple employees testing positive, our restaurants are closing again because their employees are coming down with the virus, our day care centers are also running into problems with employees getting the virus. And the icing on the cake. My local hospital has an outbreak of employees testing positive and we are being told they did not receive it from any patients.

Oh and if that isn't enough one of the employees at a local school has been diagnosed with Legionnaires Disease & Legionella.

But, yeah. We have it contained and under control.

Honored Contributor

That is very sick and to give it to someone else is even more sick.  You can die from this virus and right now the virus is running high in several states.  I, personally, would not PLAY with my life.

kindness is strength