QVC Customer Care

Re: Students Throw Covid Parties

This post has been removed by QVC because it is going off topic.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Trinity11 wrote:

Foolish but indicative of a problem with not only a select few of their generation as well as my own. My neighbors had big Memorial Day parties and none of them are college age. Graduation parties as well with absolutely no masks or social distancing.

How many times have I read in this very forum how masks aren't happening for some here?

@Trinity11, I have 2 friends who are having huge 4th of July parties on Saturday.  There will be in excess of 100 people at both parties.  Guarantee you there will be no social distancing and no masks worn. Neither of the people throwing these parties have been careful at all and the one believes every conspiracy theory video coming down the pike and reposts them all on social media.  But I can guarantee you if he gets sick, he'll be posting all over his FB page about it.  Dude gets a hangnail we all have to know.  But I digress.  LOL

I will be sort of attending the 1 party that is later in the evening where the fireworks will be.  However, we own property next door so I will sit in my lawn chair on my own property and watch the display.

And both party throwers are people in their 40's.  

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Lali1 wrote:

Young people aren't the smartest. But I think saying it will funny when one of their parents getCOVIDD and posting a grave is going too far. 

@Lali1  Agree...

Historically, young adults (and, of course, some older adults) don't always demonstrate the best judgment, but this takes it to a whole new level. That said, right or wrong (and in this case it has led to some very 'wrong' behavior) most young people and some adults can only handle so much angst before they turn it into something else and it would seem that's part of what's happening here, as they turn their angst into defiance. There has been plenty of angst going around now for months. On top of that, everything, including their college 'careers', has been disrupted, creating still more anxiety. Moreover, many people only tolerate so much exposure to any given topic before they become desensitized. Again, right or wrong, media and social media have beaten this thing to a pulp and it was only a matter of time, 'stupid, selfish and ignorant' though it may be, until some started turning a deaf ear to it all and that's part of what's happening now.

We have people in the medical community who think this is all a bunch of hooey.  How many medical professionals have been on social media making videos about how this is blown out of proportion and is no big deal?  

I personally know a couple of nurses who think this is nothing at all.  Maybe to them it isn't because they haven't really seen it first hand.  Our local hospital took the tent down a couple of weeks ago that was set up outside the ER.  

I think unless you are in a hotspot, you may not "get it."  

Honored Contributor

@hckynut Just want to say I always find your posts insightful and thoughtful. Thank you for sharing part of your early life. Bless your mom for raising 4 children on her own. Be well.

Honored Contributor

@Marp  that has to be the dumbest thing I've heard of regarding Covid! How can our Governor's and local health departments make any progress curbing the virus when young people are doing this?

Honored Contributor

@Sheila P-Burg wrote:

@Kachina624  ....... If the brain does not fully develop until about 25 years old what is the excuse for those our age and older?

@Sheila P-Burg Nah.  I don't buy that either.  No excuse for that!

Valued Contributor

If you are at risk, stay home, stay masked if you must go out, and stay safe.

You must accept the responsibility for your own circumstances regardless of what others do. 

If you're home, you are safe, despite the actions of others.

Esteemed Contributor

@Oostende wrote:

If you are at risk, stay home, stay masked if you must go out, and stay safe.

You must accept the responsibility for your own circumstances regardless of what others do. 

If you're home, you are safe, despite the actions of others.

1 Million Hearts HeartHeartHeartHeartHeart

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Trusted Contributor

@Sooner  ......  I think you meant to address this to @Kachina624 . Her comment. I just asked a question.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624   I've heard the thing.  Yet, as a general rule, we can hand a 12 yr. old a gun to go hunting here, at 16 we can hand them a license and let them get behind the wheel of a 2000 lb. weapon, they can enlist at 18 and fight for the country, vote at 18  for a president. 

Oh, by the way, their brains aren't developed until 25.  Huh!