Esteemed Contributor

Re: Students Throw Covid Parties

@haddon9

A person could be in a hospital, run up a large bill,and pass away. The person's estate would get any additional charges.

I do not believe most people know the cost of this virus or even a test.

One day in a hospital could cost 8K in Covid care. A day in level 3 care has a basic charge of the 4.5K.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Sheila P-Burg wrote:

@Marp  ......  We can condemn and criticize individuals for their behavior but it is not going to change anything. Repeating over and over that individuals are inconsiderate, immature, selfish doesn't solve the problem. 

These kids are young. They have faced different situations than our generation went through. Maybe that has an effect on their dealing with the virus. That and their youth.

There is a big fireworks celebration at Mt. Rushmore tomorrow, July 3. The attendance is expected to be over 7,500 people. How many will wear mask and keep social distance?

How many attendees will be adults teaching their children that masks and social distancing are not necessary? 

I think I heard that word from the "adults" in charge of this event is that masks and social distancing won't be required, encouraged, or even suggested.

Stupidity is another Pandemic.

Honored Contributor

@Sheila P-Burg wrote:

@hckynut  ..... My friend I think most young whether higher educated or lower educated think they are "invincible" . My "youth" was spent in a small farm town. The week-ends? Well, we didn't have a lot of money but those of us that could bought our sports cars. Guess what we did on those back roads? Alright, there were two things we did but I was referring to drag racing. 

Hi @Sheila P-Burg 

Well, not quite a farm town for me, but some consider Nebraska a "hick" state. I started my "drag racing" when I was 16. No sports car, and I paid cash for my 1st one, money I earned working. There were some back roads, but I never used them for racing, but for???😉

Drag racing was much of my life starting then, and over 17 years all around the Midwest. But! They were all done on Sanctioned *NHRA Drag Strips, not on any roads.

I grew up in Public Housing Projects with my mom raising 4 of us. A "lot of money"? Nope, my 3 older sisters worked, and I had a paper route when I was 8.

Didn't know if you knew about my years of drag racing. I loved it, my mom hated it! Most of my cohorts didn't have a "higher education" they preferred trade skills. Many worked at car dealers/auto parts shops. 

Stay well now ya hear!

*National Hot Rod Association

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@Sheila P-Burg wrote:

@Kachina624  ....... If the brain does not fully develop until about 25 years old what is the excuse for those our age and older?

@Sheila P-Burg 

That their brains are fully developed but they're still stupid?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

They say the brain is not fully developed until a person is about 25 years old.  Judgement is impaired.  It obvious this group has a way to go and should be in protective custody.

@Kachina624 

ITA!!!!

I know young people out on their own want to "feel their oats" and do crazy and silly things---all generations have done this to SOME extent.....BUT this generation seems to be the most immature ever (call it the demise of the "nuclear family" or whatever). 

In the past generations did their thing on the weekends but still held part time and full time jobs while going to college classes, and worried about getting passing grades and also seemed responsible as far as paying for necessities ......BUT this generation is all about entitlement....before the pandemic even happened they were demanding to have FREE college education and even their rent fully paid for...(WHAT PLANET DO YOU LIVE ON, WHERE IS THE MONEY COMING FROM---HAHAHA 🤔🤣)......just no sense of responsibility.....and these parties just show another aspect of it....And after they manage to join the work force, it continues---lets do the least work for the maximum pay---that's the attitude of those I work with......(Oh, I know there are also EXCEPTIONS that DID learn responsibility and a work ethic from their parents and grandparents).....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

Society seems to be destroying itself/ourselves from within......

We need someone to invent common-sense meds. 

The people who need them most would refuse to take them. 

Honored Contributor

Idiots, morons and when one of them dies, who will they blame?

There are many recorded virus related deaths of young people under 25.

Respected Contributor

If these are college students, the colleges should be suspending them or barring them from attending for at least a semester, if not the year.

Unless and until there are consequences for socially undesirable behavior, it will continue. Serious penalties for being caught driving under the influence definitely impact the behavior of people who drink. That's what we're lacking here. The people making the recommendations or suggestions--they're not "rules" without penalties for violation--aren't doing their jobs, IMO.

Honored Contributor

@Sheila P-Burg    Dementia?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

We are going to see the worst of young people. There was this Harvard graduate on Tictok telling people she was going to stab them, Her dream job fired her and she still took no accountability. We are also going to see the best of young people who are cleaning up spray paint vandalism and helping seniors with prescriptions and food shopping.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.