Respected Contributor

Re: Students Throw Covid Parties

@Sheila P-Burg wrote:

@Marp  ......  We can condemn and criticize individuals for their behavior but it is not going to change anything. Repeating over and over that individuals are inconsiderate, immature, selfish doesn't solve the problem. 

These kids are young. They have faced different situations than our generation went through. Maybe that has an effect on their dealing with the virus. That and their youth.

There is a big fireworks celebration at Mt. Rushmore tomorrow, July 3. The attendance is expected to be over 7,500 people. How many will wear mask and keep social distance?

How many attendees will be adults teaching their children that masks and social distancing are not necessary? 

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

They say the brain is not fully developed until a person is about 25 years old.  Judgement is impaired.  It obvious this group has a way to go and should be in protective custody.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@hckynut  ..... My friend I think most young whether higher educated or lower educated think they are "invincible" . My "youth" was spent in a small farm town. The week-ends? Well, we didn't have a lot of money but those of us that could bought our sports cars. Guess what we did on those back roads? Alright, there were two things we did but I was referring to drag racing. 

Esteemed Contributor

Perhaps there really is something to that "natural selection - survival of the fittest" scientific theory....Hum.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ROMARY  ..... That sounded like what my Mother and Father used to say about my generation?

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624  ....... If the brain does not fully develop until about 25 years old what is the excuse for those our age and older?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Reminds me of when parents would have "Chicken Pox" parties for their young kids. Let the kids get it, become immune.....no more worries. Sorry, but I'm not going to sit in my home believing all of this virus nonsense. This is just a blip in our radar. Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Contributor

Young folks do risky things--they always have.  However what's really the difference when the bars are open for adult customers and who cant possibly drink while properly wearing a mask.  And the government said OK to open them. Those adults are also risking others.  

Honored Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

I think that's deplorable, irresponsible behavior. Let's see how funny they think it is when one of them is on a ventilator.

@Effie54 

Our Memorial Day party hearty millenlials (not students)  found out how "fun" it was when many of them ended up in the hospital....and even a young nurse lamented how it was difficult to watch a young person (with no underlying illness no less) struggle to breathe..... yep, lots of "fun"......SMH!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

@Marp   It's all "fun and games" until someone gets hurt....aka someone dies or ends up giving it to their grandparents and they don't make it.

Are these high school or college students?  If college, then their parents are throwing their tuition money away and better to just bring their kids home since they have zero common sense. 

Their parents must be proud.  

@CAcableGirl2  @Marp 

If something happens to one of these students I wonder  if the parents will sue the host of one of these deplorable parties.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”