Honored Contributor

Re: Students Throw Covid Parties

Kind of scary to think that some of them will be the future folks in all areas and levels of employment. 

Something to think about..................

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

No here surprise to me. All the "can you best me" ****** on social media with some moron so-called "educated" college kids! Setting themselves on fire/eating cinnamon and other less than childish nonsense! Why would anyone be surprised?

Take a look a the peaceful(?) ones by the hundreds. Do they look like 40-50 year old's to you? And I thought I did some dumb things when and I was an uneducated(?) youth!

Lots of shouts about, to/at a few unmasked, yet some media report these actions as necessary, while people can't go to work or open their businesses because it's "unsafe".

Maybe this makes sense to some here and in real life, but I do not, and will not fall into that category. Everyone remember the "everyone gets a participation trophy era"?  I certainly do, and this surprises people! 

hckynut 😲

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

And people blame the government for our country being in a mess?  This is what we've come to--people who care not one whit for others, have no personal sense of resonsibility, and take no blame for anything. They are simply so special nothing can happen to them and the world will be what they want it to be, regardless of reality.

That's so very ironic...

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's ok because when a student comes down with COVID-19 schools can set up cry rooms with Play-Doh and coloring books.

A safe place to cry about the injustice of it all.

Unless, of course, one is on a ventilator and hospitalized.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

No here surprise to me. All the "can you best me" ****** on social media with some moron so-called "educated" college kids! Setting themselves on fire/eating cinnamon and other less than childish nonsense! Why would anyone be surprised?

Take a look a the peaceful(?) ones by the hundreds. Do they look like 40-50 year old's to you? And I thought I did some dumb things when and I was an uneducated(?) youth!

Lots of shouts about, to/at a few unmasked, yet some media report these actions as necessary, while people can't go to work or open their businesses because it's "unsafe".

Maybe this makes sense to some here and in real life, but I do not, and will not fall into that category. Everyone remember the "everyone gets a participation trophy era"?  I certainly do, and this surprises people! 

hckynut 😲

I hereby vote to bring back the fire challenge and I will personally give a trophy to every stupid kid that participates.  I hear the virus probably can't survive in big heat.  Smiley Wink  

Trusted Contributor

@Marp  ......  We can condemn and criticize individuals for their behavior but it is not going to change anything. Repeating over and over that individuals are inconsiderate, immature, selfish doesn't solve the problem. 

These kids are young. They have faced different situations than our generation went through. Maybe that has an effect on their dealing with the virus. That and their youth.

There is a big fireworks celebration at Mt. Rushmore tomorrow, July 3. The attendance is expected to be over 7,500 people. How many will wear mask and keep social distance?

Honored Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

I think that's deplorable, irresponsible behavior. Let's see how funny they think it is when one of them is on a ventilator.

I notice these are the "higher education"(?)students! Maybe it was just me and all the youth I hung with in my younger days. Ever heard the word "invincible"? That was what a lot of us "lower educated" youth believed.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@BlueFinch wrote:

In TX, we're already at the point where, at some moments, they're having to decide who will get the next available ventilator. Yes, it's happening.  Anyone who purposely infects themselves, requiring ventilation, should have to go to the back of the line.  

An older patient, with a chance of recovery, should not be sacrificed for irresponsible youth. These kids know better.  It should be: You play the game, you won't win the prize.

With so many ventilators put back in storage when NYC didn't need them, why have the hospitals in TX not requested them?

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

Society seems to be destroying itself/ourselves from within......

We need someone to invent common-sense meds. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Foolish but indicative of a problem with not only a select few of their generation as well as my own. My neighbors had big Memorial Day parties and none of them are college age. Graduation parties as well with absolutely no masks or social distancing.

How many times have I read in this very forum how masks aren't happening for some here?