Honored Contributor

Re: Students Throw Covid Parties

When did parents stop teaching their kids that actions have consequences and you live in a populous society not your own bubble?  

We are really scared in the business world that we are going to be shut down again because kids can't think beyond their own social media platforms.  They are not only costing lives, they are costing those of us lucky enough to weather the first shut down our livelihoods.  

One of our co-workers apparently belongs to a fraternity that has 30 members now with Covid.  It's disgusting.  

Remember the early HIV days when they started prosecuting people for willfull negligence and manslaughter?  I am thinking a prosecutor needs to get brave and start making a few examples of the most egregious such as those throwing these types of parties.  

Put that on TikTok and try to dance your way out of court.  

Honored Contributor

@Lali1....  my use of the word "funny" was totally sarcastic, not joking.

Honored Contributor

And people blame the government for our country being in a mess?  This is what we've come to--people who care not one whit for others, have no personal sense of resonsibility, and take no blame for anything. They are simply so special nothing can happen to them and the world will be what they want it to be, regardless of reality.

Honored Contributor

If they are going to be selfish why not at least think about themselves?  Just because most only get mild symptoms there are those who do get very sick & die....that pot of money is a drop compared to what their hospital bill will be!....Idiots!

Honored Contributor

@haddon9   Probably because they are under their parents' insurance until 25 so they don't really get the bill. 

Another reason for parents to be Smiley Surprised parents.

Esteemed Contributor

This world is crazy! I want a 2020 do over. 🙏

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

In TX, we're already at the point where, at some moments, they're having to decide who will get the next available ventilator. Yes, it's happening.  Anyone who purposely infects themselves, requiring ventilation, should have to go to the back of the line.  

An older patient, with a chance of recovery, should not be sacrificed for irresponsible youth. These kids know better.  It should be: You play the game, you won't win the prize.

Honored Contributor

I must have missed the selfies and IG filters for their ICU pics.

Respected Contributor

I have no hope for this country.

Esteemed Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

I think that's deplorable, irresponsible behavior. Let's see how funny they think it is when one of them is on a ventilator.

@Effie54  Your comment is kinder than the one I had in mind.

Keepin' it real.