Respected Contributor

Stuck up in a tree....

[ Edited ]

OK figured I'd give everybody a laugh.  I got my favorite kite stuck up in a tree.  It was quite breezy today and weather was still pretty pleasant so I decided to take my 60 something self outside to try to fly a kite.

I didn't have much success getting it to stay up. Right before giving up it darted up and got lodged in a tree.  Way to high up to retrieve, so I now have a tree ornament.  I'm still giggling at myself, though I really did like that kite.  I'm glad I have my only close neighbor who is my brother;  who already knows I travel off the beaten path.

Honored Contributor

Is this you? Woman LOL

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

Re: Stuck up in a tree....

[ Edited ]

@JustJazzmom wrote:

Is this you? Woman LOL

Yes, that's me sort of.  Wish the my tree wasn't a skyscraper, or I probably would have attemted to climb it.  I like to live dangerously and act before I things out.

Esteemed Contributor

@Allegheny

Good for you, Allegheny!  Such fun!  I got a good chuckle out of your story. 

I used to love flying kites...you may have inspired me! 

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Respected Contributor

Re: Stuck up in a tree....

[ Edited ]

Yee gads, I just noticed all my mistakes.  Like I said I tend to act before I think things out.  I'm terrible at proof reading my own stuff before I hit post.  Hard to believe I worked in a job where I typed alot.  I was blessed to have a wonderful boss.

Respected Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

@Allegheny

Good for you, Allegheny!  Such fun!  I got a good chuckle out of your story. 

I used to love flying kites...you may have inspired me! 

@MacDUFF

Hey MacDuff, if you really want to see a kite that tilts heads skyward, check out the UFO-Sam spinner kite.  I have one of them in the holographic pattern.  The only place I can get it lofted is at a beach.  When I noticed a helicopter headed my direction, I brought it down.

Esteemed Contributor

@Allegheny

I binged it...is this it?  Kites have come a long way, baby!

Honored Contributor

Many years ago I went to South Hills High School - it was on Mt Washington. Once a bunch of us decided to go up to Grandview Ave and fly kites. So we make these kites and trot up to the top of the Mount and start running up and down Grandview Ave in the traffic to get these kites up. What a joke ! Most of them ended up on the side of Mt Washington in the weeds or trees , the ones that did fly ended up either in the trees in front of people's houses or on their roofs. For those of you not familiar with Pitts. - this is a very touristy area with overlooks into the city, and lots of traffic all the time. The city absolutely doesn't want a bunch of teenagers littering the entire area with kites they can't retrieve, right where the most expensive real estate in the city is.

Honored Contributor

Allegheny - have you ever gone to Erie and seen people flying the kites at the kite beach on Presque Isle. They are just beautiful.

Esteemed Contributor

Check out this beauty...ancient Chinese kite...