Respected Contributor

@NativeJax    Please remain hopeful.  Remember, when one door closes another one opens.  Even if that door is not wide open, get your foot in.

I wish you well.

Honored Contributor

Thinking of you, hoping you're having a better day today, @NativeJax!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

Sounds like a good time to turn it over to a higher authority !😇

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Valued Contributor

HeartSending the power of positive thoughts to you @NativeJax

and hugs. 

Respected Contributor

@NativeJax... I applaud you for taking a risk to reach your dreams! Smiley LOL  Is it possible to pick up a part-time job waitressing or something a couple evenings a week or Saturdays to help you through the tough times right now? I know it would be exhausting, but it might ease the pressure. Best of luck to you!

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@NativeJax

Do you really believe in what you want to do?

Does it make you excited, is there a fire in your belly for it?

Can you really see a future in it?

If you answer yes to these, then you are on the right track.

As far as family support, girl, if I waited for my family to support me in anything remotely different or out of the box..... just not enough time to address it here.

When you take a leap of faith, it's not uncommon to feel like a cartoon character who feels like they've stepped off a cliff.

You may need to pursue what you want part time because let's face it, you gotta eat.  

Just don't let your dream go - you get one trip on this rock and I don't want you to look back years from now with regret.

Word. 

Luckily my husband and kids are the exception to that. The rest of my family, forget it. You have to seek support from the right people IMO. Ones that will lift you up, not try and hold you back. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

Re: Struggling with change

[ Edited ]

@NativeJax wrote:
I have really been working hard with my career change and the past two days reality set in that what I thought was promising is going to take longer than my finances can carry me.

I feel like a flake and don't have a clue what direction to take now. This is uncharted territory for me as I typically have answers, focus and right now I have none.

Just wanted to vent....

I have worked in commission sales for most of my career. It takes a while to get started, but if you persevere, the rewards can be great.

Don't give up! It takes an average of 100 cold calls to get 10 people to meet with me. Then I might close 3.

For every "no" you get - the "yeses" are getting closer. Once you achieve some success, your confidence and enthusiasm will lead you to more success.

Honored Contributor

This is why I come back to the forums again and again.  So many great posters who share their experiences and give encouragement.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Proud of you @NativeJax!  Heart  So many people don't take  a chance and stay where they are.  You tried.  And no matter what the final outcome, you should never feel bad about trying something new.  

My employer has been bought and sold three times during my career. The current owners stink and I was certain I would finally be in a very bad place.  After two and a half years, it's turned around and gotten better in ways I never thought it could.  They still stink and I have definite escape and/or parachute plans but it's become managable after I thought all hope was lost.  Hang in there.  Things always change and they may change back in your favor before you know it.

Honored Contributor