Honored Contributor

Re: Stress for us older people

Here in Maine ,they keep saying the state does not have enough vaccines, still doing 75 and older.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@agb80 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

It has not really affected my life other than not shopping as much( probably a good thing).  I do not have children,  or any  family that I  miss or see anyway.... so that is not an issue....

The good thing about being 65 and older in my state is that both DH and I got our vaccine shots. So that is actually a stress reliever or sorts!    It was a good thing being a senior citizen.

Roughly half the States did not roll out the vaccine for 65 and older like we expected them to per the CDC.  

Not really fair is it.  

@agb80 

States can only 'roll out' what they have.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Miss Pepsi 

@stormy123 

{{{{{Hugs}}}}} to you.  

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

There is, of course, room in my heart to feel empathy for all who are suffering, which to some extent includes us all, some more than others. Sadly, there is no longer room in my already stretched budget to continue to pay people for not working or to continue paying for the many services we aren't receiving, some of which we haven't consistently received for over a year...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

There is room in our hearts to feel empathy will all who are suffering, be they old, young, or in the middle. I see constant articles about all three groups.

I don't understand the minor thread here about schools and unions. It is way off-topic and, IMO, political and controversial.

I've noticed that it appears in other threads as well. 

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

@Isobel Archer wrote:

I don't agree that the focus has been on the mental health of kids - or on anyone for that matter.

Teachers here are still at home complaining about our wanting them to die by asking them to return to the classroom.

Kids are failing, getting depressed, committing suicide.  No matter.  

@Isobel Archer 

I think this is a significant generalization on your part, as the teachers in my state are being vaccinated and returning to the class room.

Trusted Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@agb80 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

It has not really affected my life other than not shopping as much( probably a good thing).  I do not have children,  or any  family that I  miss or see anyway.... so that is not an issue....

The good thing about being 65 and older in my state is that both DH and I got our vaccine shots. So that is actually a stress reliever or sorts!    It was a good thing being a senior citizen.

Roughly half the States did not roll out the vaccine for 65 and older like we expected them to per the CDC.  

Not really fair is it.  

@agb80 

States can only 'roll out' what they have.

@Drythe  Some States began innoculating 65 and older in December and most who want it are completely done.  Ironically, the man who developed the mRNA vaccine always knew that without a "pan vaccine" it would be a constant struggle to overcome and he did seek out funding for a pan vaccine but was denied hence the reason the world has what it has right now with Pizer and Moderna not being able to cover all variants.....it was because it was not designed to and this was already known.  

Honored Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

There is room in our hearts to feel empathy will all who are suffering, be they old, young, or in the middle. I see constant articles about all three groups.

I don't understand the minor thread here about schools and unions. It is way off-topic and, IMO, political and controversial.

Probably because it's completely relevant in threads where there is some discussion of youth suffering as a result of the pandemic. This thread started out suggesting stress among older folks as a topic was, perhaps, not getting its due as compared to younger folks enduring the foibles of remote learning. Hence, popular among some posters or not, commentary about education is fully within the scope of the discussion...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Yes, indeed. @mom2four0418. I am not going to address that response. I'm well aware that a couple posters bring this into almost every Covid thread.

And as for the poster who thanked her and then went on to reach into my brain and decide my motive, same-old, same-old. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Oh I understand it completely. Of all things to  zero in on, they choose teachers, as if they are the villains. Frankly, I don't blame them for being bent out of shape. They don't have the same protections as those in medical field and were not prioritized (at least in my state) for the first round of vaccines. I'm more upset about our country's failed leadership causing states to have to fend for themselves.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu