Honored Contributor

'Strangers in the Night' -- One of the All-Time Great Romantic Ballads

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTOeRwIUnG0

Frank Sinatra singing "Strangers in the Night."  Ah, creamy and dreamy.

Takes me back...

Respected Contributor

Re: 'Strangers in the Night' -- One of the All-Time Great Romantic Ballads

Ahhhhh yes.....I love Frank Sinatra.   WHAT A VOICE!!!  SO melodic. 

I love this song.  Great that you posted!!!!

Respected Contributor

Okay, now I've had a good cry......what memories.....

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love, love, love, love this song, his voice gives me goosebumps. I was 8 years old when it was recorded, I fell in love with it the first time I ever heard it. It's such a beautiful, romantic song. It brings me to tears whenever I hear it.

Honored Contributor

Listening to Frank Sinatra songs can be therapeutic, I swear.

A while back I had some family members visit and we went on a little road trip. Well you know how various things can irritate people. I can't even remember what the issue was now, but I was annoyed about something. Even the classic rock on the satellite radio was getting on my nerves.

So I suggested we switch to the Frank Sinatra station, since I figured that would appeal to the whole group as much as the classic rock had. As I really listened to the lyrics, I noticed he'd managed to cover the entire gamut of the human experience. I felt understood somehow. And my mood lifted by about the third song, just like that.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

I was honored to see Sinatra in concert a few times.  I was so thrilled.  While Strangers in the Night is a great song I love his saloon songs as they call them.  I have many of his albums and the ones which stand out for me are, No One Cares, Only the Lonely, and Sinatra and Strings., also he duets with Antonio Carlos Jobim on an album which is superb.  

My  girlfriend was a Sinatra fan before me.  I was into the Beatles and Stones at the time and didn't want to listen to Frank.  However, when I finally gave him a listen, I fell in love with his music.  He had such style with everything he sang, his songs are filled with feelings and emotions unique to him.  I could say much more but definitely Frank Sinatra is among the greats of music and  a legend, his music still thrills me.

Honored Contributor

I was 11yo but I remember my parents dancing to that song. My dad was a real music fanatic. He had a huge record collection.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

He was the best - not just his beautiful voice but his phrasing.   I looove his rendition of Something by The Beatles.  And of course New York New York.  All the old standards.  And so many Christmas tunes.