Honored Contributor

Re: Strange thing that happened at lunch today

@1Snickers,

Our local steakhouse no longer brings a bread knife to the table with the bread and butter.   

The reason?  Customers keep stealing the knives!   It has been going on for a long time, but when the manager realized the amount of money spent to replace knives, compared to the amount spent to replace broken plates and glassware, he just decided no more knives with bread.   

Honored Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

while  i do find it odd also @Daisy Sunflower overall it is not that big of a deal and easily remedied. Smiley Happy

That's what I just said. LOL

LOL, yes you did, but i did not find what she did to be rude. again, she may have just been having an off day. i would not have written anything on the receipt unless i consistently had poor service there.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

I'm still laughing about this thread but I hope @Annabellethecat66 knows it was all in good fun. She seems like a nice lady with a good sense of humor so I'd guess she does.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 

Just an FYI I chose to eat my burger without the bun, which is why I was in need of the knife

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@J Town Girl wrote:

What a bizarre thing.   It's almost like they ran out of knives and quickly needed to wash the ones that were in use and replace them on other tables.     Lol!  

ohhhhhh that very well could have been the reason!

I had thought of that, but then it wouldn't make sense -- What if those people needed their knives and wanted them back? Would they spend their time grabbing people's knives and passing them along to various patrons?  LOL

Maybe they should consider keeping a few boxes of plastic utensils in the kitchen -- just in case.  LOL

i dont know, but most of the time if i have a burger i cut it in half and never use the knife again unless there is something on my plate that requires it. as she was taking it away i just would have asked to have it back or ask for a fresh knife.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox wrote:

Hubby and I had lunch at the Cafe in our local bookstore, we eat there very often.

We were enjoying our meal and all of a sudden, I see our waitress pulling our knives off the table, I was using mine to cut my burger.  She did not say a word just took the knives. Nothing like are you using your knife

I saw her a few minutes later and said you took my knife, I was using it.

I did not make an issue, but on the receipt I wrote, I do not have a clue why you needed to take our knives while we were eating, i really hope her manager sees the message.

This is trivial but it was so out of place where we were

There have been recent restaurant stabbings in Austin, LA, Lynchburg and Daytona Beach . I wonder if these incidents had something to go with yours. 

Trusted Contributor

I'm still laughing too at this fun thread.  I did a check of all the knives in my home this morning.

All present and accounted for thank goodness.

@Annabellethecat66  is one of the most enjoyable, smart posters who contributes to this forum and always brightens my day!

Honored Contributor

Well....do what I do ....blame everything on the Woke generation!  Ha!

OK, so I envision a country (I'm not in the other countries so I'll just speak for this one).

Where was I?  OK, so I envision a country where we will all be eating with just our mouths.  No knives, no forks, spoons (they can be deadly too you know)...nothing to eat with.

The problem I'll have is (because I talk so much) I'll probably choke to death trying to eat and talk at the same time.

Things are crazier than ever. 

My daughters are ready to do an intervention on me.

They keep saying, "Step away from the TV" because I watch so much LivePD, Dateline, Murder Calls and on and on.

I told them that LivePD makes me a better driver...(if your tieeny, tiny light on your license plate is burnt out...watch out for the cops), when you make a turn...turn in immediately into the lane closest to you...never make a "California stop" at a stop sign...(a California stop is slang for a rolling stop)....

I should teach a class on things a cop can stop you for.

This from a woman who didn't get her driver's license until she (me) was 27 years old.  But we don't want to talk about that...not important...wipe from your brain...

Anyway, my girls say I'm driving them bonkers with all of my safety tips.

Ladies, be safe out there.....

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66    No utensils! 😂🤣

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have had to tell servers many times I am not finished when they come by and start clearing the table when I am not even half-finished with my meal. I think they are just trying to clear and set up tables for new customers as fast as possible. Getting people in and out as fast as possible =$$ for restaurants.

Respected Contributor

So funny I go out 2 to 3 times a week, yes I can't eat it all take home, but need a knife to cut it all in half, too much for me. I need the knife, no I will not stab anyone.:LOL  OK not give me a knife then figure out something, I always take half home. I will rip half of it no knife, We pay take our leftovers home