Honored Contributor

Re: Strange thing that happened at lunch today

If it happens again, I'd call the manager and ask why this is being done.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

That's ridiculous, I've never had wait staff try to remove utensils while we're still eating.

I don't care what their excuse/reason is, it's rude.

I would tell them I'm still eating and using my utensils and please don't interrupt our meal again until we're finished eating.

My displeasure would would be evident by my tip,

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@alicedee 

There was still food on my plate 

@alicedee wrote:

Since it had been used and was sitting on the table, maybe she thought you were done with it and was just being proactive about clearing?  I lay the knife across the top of my plate when I'm not cutting with it.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ  When they do not post bail they never return to court. Most of the time they just disappear.

Honored Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ  When they do not post bail they never return to court. Most of the time they just disappear.

@Janey2  I guess the ones that do that are transients and don’t give a proper address. I would assume they would have to show ID, DL or such. 
Maybe not. I’m sure you are more up to date on this than I am. 

Sorry OP for taking this off topic.

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

As I've mentioned, my friend and I eat together (lunch) 3 to 4 times a week.  Restaurants, not fast food...so we have utensils.

Well, I eat a lot slower than she does. Probably because I'm so busy running my mouth.   I've had several times waiters coming over to take my salad or even my plate.  

There'll be food on it and if they'd think about it it would be obvious I'm still eating it.

Not a big deal.  I'll just say, "Wait!  I'm still eating".  They always apologize and walk away.

I think sometimes their jobs are so monotomous....they don't think about what they're doing.

Often people don't like it when the table is cluttered with items that no longer need to be on the table after they're finished eating.

None of it ever bothers me.  I guess because I eat out so much, if a waiter makes a mistake like that, I just use my mouth and in a kind way let them know I'm still eating.

I'm sure it was just she was thinking of something else and maybe she or her fellow waiters had been 'talked to' about leaving utentils on the tables when not needed.

I doubt if it was a safety issue.  But these days ...."who the heck knows".

Things have gotten so crazy.....why?  Wait for it....wait for it...."BECAUSE

THEY  AREN'T  BEING  PUNISHED  FOR BREAKING  THE  LAW.  No fear anymore.

Now how did that get there?

I have no idea what this means. Can someone explain?

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

As I've mentioned, my friend and I eat together (lunch) 3 to 4 times a week.  Restaurants, not fast food...so we have utensils.

Well, I eat a lot slower than she does. Probably because I'm so busy running my mouth.   I've had several times waiters coming over to take my salad or even my plate.  

There'll be food on it and if they'd think about it it would be obvious I'm still eating it.

Not a big deal.  I'll just say, "Wait!  I'm still eating".  They always apologize and walk away.

I think sometimes their jobs are so monotomous....they don't think about what they're doing.

Often people don't like it when the table is cluttered with items that no longer need to be on the table after they're finished eating.

None of it ever bothers me.  I guess because I eat out so much, if a waiter makes a mistake like that, I just use my mouth and in a kind way let them know I'm still eating.

I'm sure it was just she was thinking of something else and maybe she or her fellow waiters had been 'talked to' about leaving utentils on the tables when not needed.

Things have gotten so crazy.....why?  Wait for it....wait for it...."BECAUSE

@Annabellethecat66  They don’t have to post bail. They still have to go to court and face consequences just like one who did post bail. They are punished. Please Google. This is in NY. I don’t know what happens wherever you live.

@proudlyfromNJ, I keep looking to see where breaking the law and bail comes into this topic. What did I miss? :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Amen, I don't get it either!

Super Contributor

I would have simply told her "No, I'm using that" when she picked it up and never let her take it in the first place. 

Honored Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

Things have gotten so crazy.....why?  Wait for it....wait for it...."BECAUSE

I have no idea what this means. Can someone explain?

@KKJ, we posted at the same time. :-) I'm scratching my head over it.

Breaking the law? No one gets punished anymore?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland