Honored Contributor

Re: Strange thing happened to us tonight

@mamaslittlepotato wrote:
I don’t think the OP did anything wrong. She wanted to check out the outside of the condo and the area because if they didn’t care for the area (with the larger road), they wouldn’t bother making the appointment to see it. That would just waste theirs and the seller’s time. The OP said she was not on the sellers property, so she had every right to check out the outside if she wanted to. No law against that. I think the seller was rude.

while i tend to agree @mamaslittlepotato , lets face it......no one wants someone standing in front of their home staring at it or "investigating", even if they are on the sidewalk. how many times on this forum have i seen people say they want to call the police on strange things happening outside of their front doors? A LOT. if you are going to go and check out a potential rental or purchase, it might be a good thing to just either drive by OR let the seller/renter know that you are going to take a look around the building or house. it is just more courteous.

i will say though i am still a little confused by the entire situation. Smiley Wink

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I don't understand either.

I wouldn't like somebody looking at my property or home.  I don't like nosey neighbors.

Valued Contributor

I think (?) I understand now. The "woman" in the first sentence was actually the resident of the supposed apartment for sale/rent. She didn't individually contact you, you received some kind of group mailing (similiar to NextDoor, etc.) that the apartment was going to be available. The notification email included the owner/resident's phone number, but you didn't call her because location was important to you. You walked over to the area to see it's exact location and it was not what you were looking for. 

The only thing I would be careful with is (as someone else mentioned) people under the best of circumstances are peculiar about individuals staring at their homes.....and right now most people are more tense than normal. Fortunately all that happened was her husband looked out the blinds, and you are safe. 

Wonder if her husband thought that would be a funny joke? potentially a dangerous one for sure

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Honored Contributor

@kjae. Thanks for jnterpreting.
Respected Contributor

@kjae wrote:

An apartment was listed on their neighborhood  site.  Emails go out to all members.  (It's like our nextdoor site). They saw the email and  walked over to look at it.  The resident came out and yelled at them saying it was not available using the excuse that someone hacked into her email.

Where did the OP say that "The resident came out and yelled at them . . . ?" I didn't see that in either of the OP's posts, either that "the resident" came out or that she or he yelled.

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

A woman contacts me about an we have on our local bulletin board, about a one bedroom apt with a patio, so we go over to look at it from the outside 3 minutes, later email that it is not for sale and someone hacked into her email, I said sorry but there was a phone number. Her answer is well you should called and not snooped around, gee whiz we looked at the location and did not step on her property. There is a lot of common space in our development and wow this was a crazy response. I politely said the property is in the wrong side of the developemnt and declined to go any further with her 

@I am still oxox 

It's probably just me, but! I have no idea what you are talking about.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynut If you read page 1 of the thread you'd know it's not just you. 🙄
Respected Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

@kjae wrote:

An apartment was listed on their neighborhood  site.  Emails go out to all members.  (It's like our nextdoor site). They saw the email and  walked over to look at it.  The resident came out and yelled at them saying it was not available using the excuse that someone hacked into her email.

Where did the OP say that "The resident came out and yelled at them . . . ?" I didn't see that in either of the OP's posts, either that "the resident" came out or that she or he yelled.

I agree, and what was so bad about the OP just looking at the property?  

Honored Contributor

@SunSprite 

She contacted me via email,  i live in a garden apt complex thee is a lot of open space, we could of been hiking 

@SunSprite wrote:

I think (?) I understand now. The "woman" in the first sentence was actually the resident of the supposed apartment for sale/rent. She didn't individually contact you, you received some kind of group mailing (similiar to NextDoor, etc.) that the apartment was going to be available. The notification email included the owner/resident's phone number, but you didn't call her because location was important to you. You walked over to the area to see it's exact location and it was not what you were looking for. 

The only thing I would be careful with is (as someone else mentioned) people under the best of circumstances are peculiar about individuals staring at their homes.....and right now most people are more tense than normal. Fortunately all that happened was her husband looked out the blinds, and you are safe. 

Wonder if her husband thought that would be a funny joke? potentially a dangerous one for sure

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

A woman contacts me about an we have on our local bulletin board, about a one bedroom apt with a patio, so we go over to look at it from the outside 3 minutes, later email that it is not for sale and someone hacked into her email, I said sorry but there was a phone number. Her answer is well you should called and not snooped around, gee whiz we looked at the location and did not step on her property. There is a lot of common space in our development and wow this was a crazy response. I politely said the property is in the wrong side of the developemnt and declined to go any further with her 

@I am still oxox 

It's probably just me, but! I have no idea what you are talking about.

hckynut

It is a bit confusing, @hckynut.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland