Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Love my Call Blocker

Yes, I love mine, too. But the robo callers just keep changing their numbers so you end up having to block them...endlessly.Woman Mad

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Love my Call Blocker

@SharkE

On my cell, they find a way to get through the call blocker---must have something to do with their ability to spoof the number they are calling from..............

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@apple1964 wrote:

Just do not answer the phone ... otherwise they will call you again and again and again.

I kept getting calls from different numbers but each time it was a man with a thick middle eastern accent trying to sell a home security system.  When I'd say I've already told him no, please stop calling, I'm on the Do Not Call Registry...he'd cuss me out then hang up.  I'd block the number but he'd call back using a different one.  I reported it and was told the only thing they can recommend is to stop answering calls from numbers I don't recognize. Sad that's the only remedy. I think the guy should be held accountable in some way.  I was told they are working on regulations to make the phone companies address it, but seems that ultimately passes on restrictions or costs to consumers.  

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Love my Call Blocker

@SharkE

Me too!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

A little knowledge makes it easy electronically for those looking to take advantage of people.

hn

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

@apple1964 wrote:

Just do not answer the phone ... otherwise they will call you again and again and again.

I kept getting calls from different numbers but each time it was a man with a thick middle eastern accent trying to sell a home security system.  When I'd say I've already told him no, please stop calling, I'm on the Do Not Call Registry...he'd cuss me out then hang up.  I'd block the number but he'd call back using a different one.  I reported it and was told the only thing they can recommend is to stop answering calls from numbers I don't recognize. Sad that's the only remedy. I think the guy should be held accountable in some way.  I was told they are working on regulations to make the phone companies address it, but seems that ultimately passes on restrictions or costs to consumers.  

@wildcat fan

Since most originate from foreign countries the  FTC cant do anything about---the Do Not Call Registry is worthless.  As you said the money is going to have to come from us consumers to put something in place to stop it....Of course the scammers will probably figure a way to get around it!  Woman Frustrated

There was an interesting call on a YouTube Video that someone shared, where a scammer accidently called a Police Station in British Columbia Canada....And the Officer told the scammer that his call reached a Police Station,  the scammer mocked him saying he was overseas and there was nothing he could do about it, very disrespectful, but the Officer was sharp and replied, but as your wasting your time talking to me you arent bothering and possibly scamming someone else.......of course the scammer hung up....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

We don't use our cell phones. Just a convenience when necessary.

Call blocker rules in my home. Got an extra in white. I figure they will be discontinued or quit carrying them. I always get an extra in anything that

I love. I know they will disappear.

Respected Contributor

I NEVER answer any call that doesn't come up with the persons name (from my contacts list)....IF they do not leave a legit message for me then I put that # on block.  That's all I can do until another solution is found to stop all these spammers!  

Trusted Contributor

i have the same problem.  but i anwere teall and when a get the person on the lne, i play along until they think they haveme hook and then i really cuss them out with some really not so nice words.  may not solve the problem but it  makes me feel better.

Honored Contributor
I block these calls all the time...but they just keep on coming, with a different last digit. I am getting at least five a day....aggravating. They are all healthcare or refinance sales I am guessing.