Esteemed Contributor

What's strange is that I am getting some, same number ones, and out of curiousity I sometimes will call it back to see if it was someone I know or needs something like a prayer request, I'm in charge of the prayer line in our parish.  When I call it back, I get the message that this number is out of service.  So - if it's out of service, how come it calls me? If that isn't strange. Then I block it.

Esteemed Contributor

Spammers use phone numbers which have been taken out of service. Usually for a day or two; then they change their number to another out of service number. Ignore it.

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

It's common from robo callers.

They mimick your area code and pre-fix to make you think it's someone local. 

Try a google search for the number. Sites like 800 notes may have info. People report robo calls there.

Honored Contributor

@gloriajean wrote:

What's strange is that I am getting some, same number ones, and out of curiousity I sometimes will call it back to see if it was someone I know or needs something like a prayer request, I'm in charge of the prayer line in our parish.  When I call it back, I get the message that this number is out of service.  So - if it's out of service, how come it calls me? If that isn't strange. Then I block it.

as always let your voice mail take the call legit caller will leave you a msg

Esteemed Contributor

So then it doesn't even pay to block them, right?

Honored Contributor

Strange?  Nope in this day and age its a norm.  Robo calls, scammers, etc.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

It's common from robo callers.

They mimick your area code and pre-fix to make you think it's someone local. 

Try a google search for the number. Sites like 800 notes may have info. People report robo calls there.

@Snowpuppy

I even get calls from my own name and phone #, according to caller ID, LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Love my Call Blocker

Esteemed Contributor

Just do not answer the phone ... otherwise they will call you again and again and again.

Contributor

Love your name! I have a granddaughter of the same name!