Honored Contributor

Re: Strange phone call early this Sunday Morning

Thank God for 'call blocker' I hit the red button end of problem. I don't pick up in first place ,hit the button and walk away.

Honored Contributor

I got a call this week that Caller ID showed was from my insurance company.  I used to work there, so I know the correct sequence of numbers they use.

I answered the phone.  There was an recording for a nationwide hotel chain.  I just hung up.  It was a strange call.  I can't imagine a well known hotel chain would do this.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I swear, I think this is happening more and more. I had a man call me a few months ago, he had an ad for a rental house and said I'd called and he missed the call. I told him I hadn't called, someone must have spoofed my landline number.

Between that, and the landline ringing off the wall from Rachel with card services, the Social security dept saying my number is no longer valid, and all these other scammers, I have unplugged it. If anyone really needs me, most have my cell.

I need it for my security system and my internet, or we would just get rid of the dang phone. I am so sick and tired of the fake phone calls. Its as if these people can harass all of us and nothing happens.