Honored Contributor

Strange night Halloween night

Weather wise.  Earlier it look like a lot of rain, so we thought there wouldn't be trick of treaters.  But the weather held.  It's 77F, quite warm with barely a breeze.  Then it got strange with rumble of thunder with no rain and barely any wind. . BUT after 9:00PM, strong storms with a tornado watch is in the forecast. So yeah weird, kind of scary night. Very spooky night indeed.  Kids came out in droves though.  Only have a little bit of candy left. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Strange night Halloween night

[ Edited ]

Scary Halloween night here in PA. We had heavy rain all day and now have

tornado warnings for the last few hours.

Edited to add, Our Halloween was Wednesday night because tonight's storms

were predicted several days ago. 

746ceb62-b315-4b6c-ad27-f5b32dfebbd9.jpg

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Crazy day here in North Georgia. Started out raining and 76, cleared late afternoon now it's 39. Wild weather for Halloween up and down the East Coast.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Snowstorm here in Chicago. We live slightly off the beaten path and only 4 kids came to the door.  I have bags of candy left

Esteemed Contributor

@Lucylu12 :,VA weather was 82 today, hottest I can remember! My husband was from North Ga. Chatsworth, near Dalton. I haven't  been there in years.

Esteemed Contributor

Similar weather in NYState - rain but no t-storms yet.  Very mild temp so it may come later in the night.  Pouring rain kept kids off the streets in my area - saw 3 families with little ones at 5:30 -  no action since.  Malls were holding events to keep kids dry and safe.  Lots of houses stuck with more candy then they want LOL.  I quit the candy game long time ago - so have none to temp me!

Trusted Contributor

@1Snickers wrote:

@Lucylu12 :,VA weather was 82 today, hottest I can remember! My husband was from North Ga. Chatsworth, near Dalton. I haven't  been there in years.

@1Snickers @We love it here. We are originally from Niagara Falls Ny but Military life took us to many places and we picked Georgia to retire. Never had been here but it's so beautiful here and the seasons are perfect. We are in Dallas but the northern part near Emerson, Cartersville and Acworth area. We have been to Dalton. It's a beautiful area too. We also lived in Norfolk Va in the Navy years.

Trusted Contributor

@threecees wrote:

Scary Halloween night here in PA. We had heavy rain all day and now have

tornado warnings for the last few hours.

Edited to add, Our Halloween was Wednesday night because tonight's storms

were predicted several days ago. 

746ceb62-b315-4b6c-ad27-f5b32dfebbd9.jpg

What a beautiful photo. Kind of Spooky but just beautiful. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Lucylu12 My husband was military, also. My home was in Va so we retired to Williamsburg. Small World! 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Showery and very blustery here but my 75 bags of candy ran out by 7:30 so lights went out. Looking out the window there were still lots of them up & down the street. I don't know where they all came from.