Respected Contributor

Yes indeed! I love news that makes me smile and today is just seemingly filled with fun animal stories....

On this forum, a poster personally witnessed a bear carrying balloons.....

Yesterday, I heard of a professional criminal bear-hardened-: @PlaidPants pprovided the news source.....

We always have gator stories in Florida-I'm not laughing, but a professional diver almost had his arm taken off while recovering golf balls...I have very mixed feelings, because any Florida resident knows any body of water might contain them....

Moving on: there is a beetle that creates Pollack inspired art by holding a pen in its mandible....

Some pets that people would love to own include capyberras???? Well, they are kind of cute....I guess...but a 150 pound rat in my house??? For now, anything from the Loyal Order of Rodentia is not totally welcomed here, but there have been a few Wistar  rats I have been attached to.....

Do you have any fun, New animal stories?

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

@Poodlepet2 wrote:

Yes indeed! I love news that makes me smile and today is just seemingly filled with fun animal stories....

On this forum, a poster personally witnessed a bear carrying balloons.....

@Yesterday, I heard of a professional criminal bear-hardened-: @PlaidPants pprovided the news source.....

We always have gator stories in Florida-I'm not laughing, but a professional diver almost had his arm taken off while recovering golf balls...I have very mixed feelings, because any Florida resident knows any body of water might contain them....

Moving on: there is a beetle that creates Pollack inspired art by holding a pen in its mandible....

Some pets that people would love to own include capyberras???? Well, they are kind of cute....I guess...but a 150 pound rat in my house??? For now, anything from the Loyal Order of Rodentia is not totally welcomed here, but there have been a few Wistar  rats I have been attached to.....

Do you have any fun, New animal stories?

Poodlepet2

Sorry, no. But I do have artificial flowers in my front garden because even though we live within city limits in a populated neighborhood, there seem to be more deer than people. It never fails that no matter what I plant or spray it with, it's been eaten by morning. I've seen them come up on my front porch and snack out of planters, as well. They are now also filled w/ artificial red geraniums. 

Respected Contributor

@Shanus, eating whole foods-unadulterated-is very en trend....I have no doubts those deer would also reject salt licks: those are so passe....

Well, we can't have deer mistaking our dwellings with Whole Foods, can we?

Poodlepet2

Respected Contributor

Re: Strange news day....

[ Edited ]

@Poodlepet2, as it turns out, this video is from 2016, but I only saw it for the 1st time last night!

Incredible!

No worries,....a happy ending.  Smiley Happy

ETA: The video is about a seal trying to get away from orcas - to avoid being their lunch!

https://youtu.be/BT5f1YXWeVU

Muddling through...
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC inappropriate

Honored Contributor

@Poodlepet2 wrote:

@Shanus, eating whole foods-unadulterated-is very en trend....I have no doubts those deer would also reject salt licks: those are so passe....

Well, we can't have deer mistaking our dwellings with Whole Foods, can we?

Poodlepet2

😂

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

If /when I have animal stories, I post them in the Pet Lovers forum. Smiley Happy

Excuse me. There must be a misunderstanding. This is a "news story" re: a bear, etc. No. This should not be posted in Pet Forum unless you've seen a bear lately wearing a collar and leash or who comes to his name.

Honored Contributor

As I say, that's where I post animal stuff.  Smiley Happy  

Feel free not to .

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

If /when I have animal stories, I post them in the Pet Lovers forum. Smiley Happy

@Pearlee  You are very good at telling folks where they should post. You tried to correct me a couple of times...

Not all threads that involve animals belong in the pet forum. Besides, I see no harm in having nearly any subject put into this forum, or Among Friends forum...or even a few others.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

As I say, that's where I post animal stuff.  Smiley Happy  

Feel free not to .

It doesn't matter what you do.   You didn't start this thread

smh