Honored Contributor
On 6/4/2014 brii said:
On 6/4/2014 terrier3 said:
On 6/4/2014 brii said:

Mike wears long scarves and sleeveless dresses on Morning Joe.

I like her "look". It is flattering and slimming.

Mika?

I like her dresses, but I don't like how she wears her scarves. I think she does it to cover up hives. That's what I heard her say a few weeks ago...

I wish she tied her scarves...but she has gained weight (her choice) and I think the scarves create a long, slender line.

Sorry - Mika!!!!

She still is slender.

I heard her say the scarves are there in case she has an outbreak of hives.

She used to be scary skinny and has gained about 25 pounds.

She wrote a book about it.

What do the scarves cover up? She is usually sleeveless and the scarves are untied.

Honored Contributor
On 6/4/2014 brii said:
On 6/4/2014 brii said:

Mike wears long scarves and sleeveless dresses on Morning Joe.

I like her "look". It is flattering and slimming.

Mika?

I like her dresses, but I don't like how she wears her scarves. I think she does it to cover up hives. That's what I heard her say a few weeks ago...

I wish she tied her scarves...but she has gained weight (her choice) and I think the scarves create a long, slender line.

Sorry - Mika!!!!

She still is slender.

I heard her say the scarves are there in case she has an outbreak of hives.

She used to be scary skinny and has gained about 25 pounds.

She wrote a book about it.

What do the scarves cover up? She is usually sleeveless and the scarves are untied.

I don't understand the scarves. I've never seen hives on her. Maybe it's a security blanket. LOL

Honored Contributor

last summer I noticed the long 72"" scarves being worn wrapped around the neck several times and worn with a tube top and shorts.....it was 108 degrees outside! I don't get it!

Honored Contributor
On 6/4/2014 serenity4ever said:
On 6/4/2014 hckynut said:

I will say this about this male's fashion. My fashion is what it is and has been and will probably remain the same the rest of my days. That would be comfort/cleanliness and loose. Too many in the white collar world that I know my age and much younger? Turkey neck and several chins and they are not what most consider to be overweight.

Now my blue color friends that work their own fashions and are the same age, sans tight necks with those ropes around them? Like myself, no turkey neck or quad chins. I know all about genetics and most other physiological effects on a person's body. I also live in the real world and get tired of the "it's a genetic thing", when it ain't for most.

Now what my wife says about my fashion? Said it here multiple times "you look like a homeless man", but she still loves me.{#emotions_dlg.tt1}

I remember you sharing that you had plastic surgery.

And you remember correctly. Was a ginnie pig for 2 doctor friends that were Dermatologist and decided to go into Lipo when it first came out. Free and I sais "yep". Few vacuum procedures around certain areas and me a 5'8" and 135lbs? Not a lot of fat tissue to vacuum.

Asked me if I wanted them to give me a bit more hair on my head, free! Said "why not". Few hundred plugs and procedures called "scalp reductions". With this they slice a piece of the top skin in your head/go to the hair root cut out a big chunk of excess/pull it tight like a face lift/this brings takes out minute' hairless spaces/walla! No more bare spot. Then the sewed me up and off I went. Only had 2 of these as I didn't have much hairless skin on my head.

Had RhinoPlasty after 6 broken noses. Only able to breath out of 1 nostril and also had a nose that resembled a shark when swimming on my back(at least that is what my friends said/the also said they would be rich if they had my nose full of nickles". Get the idea? This time is was a Facial Reconstructive Registered Cosmetic Surgeon that also played hockey and I knew his parents and him when growing up. I let my Insurance company foot that bill so I could once again breath out of both nostrils.

Total on my head for plugs? Think I had 4-4 surgeries/lipo-had 3 different areas done. Broke nose for the 7th time about 5 years after reconstruction and opening of nostrils. Able to breath fine so left it alone. Broke it for the 8 time in 1999/bent it to the side/once again shut down one nostril and back to the same again except no "shoot him for a shark or rich with his nose full of nickle comments".

I know have enough hair/little body fat where I don't want it and once again a bent and not fully functioning nose(breathing apparatus).

Not sure what this has to do with my "dressing fashion style", but since you have/had such a good memory of my comments? Don't remember how much detail I went into when you read that about me so decided to go into a "novelle", per more usual, and break it down into terms so anyone interested enough to read this far will know more of the:

what/why and whens of my cosmetic and medically elective surgeries to help me with my hockey and running fitness levels. Oxygen in-Carbon Dioxide out? Equals a higher Max Vo2 reading which generally equals better athletic performance.

Thank you for reminding me of this as I like to remember some thing further back in this old brain. None down for any reason other than "I wanted it done". As I said "I could give a hoot less what others thing of my fashion or my body". It is what I think of it and how I want it to be able to function at it's best while also satisfying my need to look and feel comfortable.

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Super Contributor
On 6/5/2014 hckynut said:
On 6/4/2014 serenity4ever said:
On 6/4/2014 hckynut said:

I will say this about this male's fashion. My fashion is what it is and has been and will probably remain the same the rest of my days. That would be comfort/cleanliness and loose. Too many in the white collar world that I know my age and much younger? Turkey neck and several chins and they are not what most consider to be overweight.

Now my blue color friends that work their own fashions and are the same age, sans tight necks with those ropes around them? Like myself, no turkey neck or quad chins. I know all about genetics and most other physiological effects on a person's body. I also live in the real world and get tired of the "it's a genetic thing", when it ain't for most.

Now what my wife says about my fashion? Said it here multiple times "you look like a homeless man", but she still loves me.{#emotions_dlg.tt1}

And you remember correctly. Was a ginnie pig for 2 doctor friends that were Dermatologist and decided to go into Lipo when it first came out. Free and I sais "yep". Few vacuum procedures around certain areas and me a 5'8" and 135lbs? Not a lot of fat tissue to vacuum.

Asked me if I wanted them to give me a bit more hair on my head, free! Said "why not". Few hundred plugs and procedures called "scalp reductions". With this they slice a piece of the top skin in your head/go to the hair root cut out a big chunk of excess/pull it tight like a face lift/this brings takes out minute' hairless spaces/walla! No more bare spot. Then the sewed me up and off I went. Only had 2 of these as I didn't have much hairless skin on my head.

Had RhinoPlasty after 6 broken noses. Only able to breath out of 1 nostril and also had a nose that resembled a shark when swimming on my back(at least that is what my friends said/the also said they would be rich if they had my nose full of nickles". Get the idea? This time is was a Facial Reconstructive Registered Cosmetic Surgeon that also played hockey and I knew his parents and him when growing up. I let my Insurance company foot that bill so I could once again breath out of both nostrils.

Total on my head for plugs? Think I had 4-4 surgeries/lipo-had 3 different areas done. Broke nose for the 7th time about 5 years after reconstruction and opening of nostrils. Able to breath fine so left it alone. Broke it for the 8 time in 1999/bent it to the side/once again shut down one nostril and back to the same again except no "shoot him for a shark or rich with his nose full of nickle comments".

I know have enough hair/little body fat where I don't want it and once again a bent and not fully functioning nose(breathing apparatus).

Not sure what this has to do with my "dressing fashion style", but since you have/had such a good memory of my comments? Don't remember how much detail I went into when you read that about me so decided to go into a "novelle", per more usual, and break it down into terms so anyone interested enough to read this far will know more of the:

what/why and whens of my cosmetic and medically elective surgeries to help me with my hockey and running fitness levels. Oxygen in-Carbon Dioxide out? Equals a higher Max Vo2 reading which generally equals better athletic performance.

Thank you for reminding me of this as I like to remember some thing further back in this old brain. None down for any reason other than "I wanted it done". As I said "I could give a hoot less what others thing of my fashion or my body". It is what I think of it and how I want it to be able to function at it's best while also satisfying my need to look and feel comfortable.

I mentioned it because in your post you said.... I know all about genetics and most other physiological effects on a person's body. I also live in the real world and get tired of the "it's a genetic thing", when it ain't for most.

It just seemed a bit strange saying that genetics do not play into how a person ages when you yourself had plastic surgery. That's all......

Honored Contributor

Way Too Much Information...

Honored Contributor

Sooooo....about those scarves.

Honored Contributor
On 6/5/2014 serenity4ever said:

I mentioned it because in your post you said.... I know all about genetics and most other physiological effects on a person's body. I also live in the real world and get tired of the "it's a genetic thing", when it ain't for most.

It just seemed a bit strange saying that genetics do not play into how a person ages when you yourself had plastic surgery. That's all......

Me say genetics does not play a role? If I did I must have cut it short. The real world of which I was speaking was those that want to pass 100% of something that may or may not like about themselves as "the fault of their parents-ie-genetics".

Of course genetics plays a role and I've said that countless times about the reason I have had 2 heart attacks. I however did not die in my 50's as did all of my maternal males relatives because have a predisposition genetically does not always equal-X number of years/fat/diseases etc.

My nose was genetic but having it broken multiple times sure made it bigger. Didn't need an genetic background to look in a mirror and see with each break my nose was covering more of my face.

The way you say "plastic surgery" my interpretation of this is that you feeling/thinking of it as something bad/egotistic or more along those lines. All the surgeries and procedures I had done were good/non-egotistical and also gave me health and fitness levels much easier to attain. Whether my face looked better to anyone else with my nose smaller, beats me I didn't nor do I care.

We live in a world(yes this real one)where if you have been around for a few decades you can easily see that it is getting more and more "someone else reason/responsibility" if your body/your mind and all other life's issues are fault of someone other than ourselves". One need look no further than the big city to see that nobody is responsible for anything they do. So, maybe that too they can place a blame on prepositional genetic factors.

Worth a try as opposed to changing things to put more of the good genetic factors on the positive side of the ledger. But blaming others or genetics takes a whole lot less physical effort for many.

hckynut(john)
Super Contributor
On 6/5/2014 hckynut said:
On 6/5/2014 serenity4ever said:

I mentioned it because in your post you said.... I know all about genetics and most other physiological effects on a person's body. I know all about genetics and most other physiological effects on a person's body. I also live in the real world and get tired of the "it's a genetic thing", when it ain't for most.

Me say genetics does not play a role? If I did I must have cut it short. The real world of which I was speaking was those that want to pass 100% of something that may or may not like about themselves as "the fault of their parents-ie-genetics".

Of course genetics plays a role and I've said that countless times about the reason I have had 2 heart attacks. I however did not die in my 50's as did all of my maternal males relatives because have a predisposition genetically does not always equal-X number of years/fat/diseases etc.

My nose was genetic but having it broken multiple times sure made it bigger. Didn't need an genetic background to look in a mirror and see with each break my nose was covering more of my face.

The way you say "plastic surgery" my interpretation of this is that you feeling/thinking of it as something bad/egotistic or more along those lines. All the surgeries and procedures I had done were good/non-egotistical and also gave me health and fitness levels much easier to attain. Whether my face looked better to anyone else with my nose smaller, beats me I didn't nor do I care.

We live in a world(yes this real one)where if you have been around for a few decades you can easily see that it is getting more and more "someone else reason/responsibility" if your body/your mind and all other life's issues are fault of someone other than ourselves". One need look no further than the big city to see that nobody is responsible for anything they do. So, maybe that too they can place a blame on prepositional genetic factors.

Worth a try as opposed to changing things to put more of the good genetic factors on the positive side of the ledger. But blaming others or genetics takes a whole lot less physical effort for many.

You posted that it is just an excuse when someone claims that genetics is because of the way that they look. Your bit about responsibility makes no sense, and comes off as being judgmental of anyone who looks the way that they do because of their genetic makeup.You are going off on a tangent with your personal responsibility mantra....which has absolutely nothing to do with this topic.

Let me refresh your memory of your original post and why I responded the way that I did.... I also live in the real world and get tired of the "it's a genetic thing", when it ain't for most.

So you have plastic surgery to fix yourself but anyone who really has a genetic reason for the way they look....you just don't understand. Gotta ya.{#emotions_dlg.blink}