Valued Contributor

I find the fashion trend of sleeveless blouses and scarves around the neck to be strange. If I am wearing a sleeveless blouse or tank top or even a short sleeved top, why would I want to have a scarf tied around my neck? It would be so warm I would think.

Regular Contributor
I agree
Honored Contributor
I think the wearing of scarves in the middle of summer is very strange. No way would I wear a scarf when it's 95 degrees outside. I don't even want a weighty necklace.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Gotta cover their hickeys.

Honored Contributor

Can't imagine wearing a scarf other than for keeping warm anyway. To me it does not look good but rather uncomfortable and often gives the appearance of a large neck or none at all. Most of the ones wearing scarves as accessories where I live are generally older women.

Super Contributor

I sometimes wear them in the summer .. but, not draped around the neck just hanging down . They have to be super sheer. I also like to put them around my shoulders if it is air conditioned where I am. They come in very handy for me, and better then carrying around a long sleeve jacket or cardigan in the summer.

Honored Contributor

I don't even wear scarves in cooler weather. But I agree, they just look out and out of place on summer wear. Especially when they're "bunched up" around the neck.

Honored Contributor

Scarves all the time with every outfit are a trend I can't wait to see pass. I can appreciate a scarf as an accessory with some plain dresses to dress them up but this trend takes it way overboard.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't know about anyone else...but if I am in a sleeveless/short sleeve top....it has to be hot out...and when its hot out...I sure don't want any scarves around my neck...actually when its way hot and humid...I wish I didn't even have to wear any top.....much less a scarf....

Honored Contributor

And all those scarves only look good on a tall, thin, small-busted frame. Just like larger boobs, all that scarf on your chest makes one look much, much heavier.