Trusted Contributor

Strange announccements in the newspaper--what are ones that you've seen?

This is kind of a thread jack from the thread about the obituary. I have one strange announcement that spring to mind.

One day, several years ago, my coworker and I were at lunch together in the break room, and the newest issue of our local paper was on the table.  My coworker was looking at it, and suddenly got very upset.  Right there, in the social section was a picture of a young lady in an engagement announcement. 

The kicker was that she was announcing her engagement to my coworker's husband!  It came out that her husband had been having an affair and his mistress was tired of waiting for him to make the jump out of his marriage.....so she put the announcement in the paper to "out" the affair and push along the end of the marriage.

My coworker had no idea of the affair and was both blindsided and devastated. 

QVC Customer Care

Re: Strange announccements in the newspaper--what are ones that you've seen?

Respected Contributor

Wow - that is shocking on so many levels. 

What happened? 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Alice-QVC, why was my comment removed? 

I hope it was a mistake because I didn't say anything inappropriate.

Honored Contributor

WOW.  So what happened, @CardinalGirl?  Did your co-worker get a divorce?  Did he marry the other woman?  

QVC Customer Care

Hi @bri20, I double checked and for some reason your post came along with another post that was deleted, I don't know why that happened. I was able to place your post back in the thread....so glad you caught that.

Respected Contributor

@Alice-QVC - thanks! 

Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

He did a lot of fast talking about how the affair was over, he loved his wife, blah, blah, blah.  His wife stayed with him and tried to patch up the marriage.

Almost a year later, though, when she thought her husband was working out-of-town on a construction job, she got an anonymous phone call in the middle of the night, telling her her husband was at local hospital....on the labor and delivery floor.  She got to the hospital just in time to see her husband in scrubs, having just been with that same girlfriend for the birth of their baby.

The wife was through at that point.  The divorced.  He did marry his girlfriend and had three more kids with her.....but they never lived in the same house.  Very, very strange.

Honored Contributor

@CardinalGirl wrote:

He did a lot of fast talking about how the affair was over, he loved his wife, blah, blah, blah.  His wife stayed with him and tried to patch up the marriage.

Almost a year later, though, when she thought her husband was working out-of-town on a construction job, she got an anonymous phone call in the middle of the night, telling her her husband was at local hospital....on the labor and delivery floor.  She got to the hospital just in time to see her husband in scrubs, having just been with that same girlfriend for the birth of their baby.

The wife was through at that point.  The divorced.  He did marry his girlfriend and had three more kids with her.....but they never lived in the same house.  Very, very strange.

I hope your co-worker was able to move on and have a happy life after that miserable ordeal.  

Honored Contributor

@CardinalGirl

Ohh, awkward

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise