Valued Contributor

Strange Situation With Order

I had the strangest situation today when checking on an order status.

I ordered two of the same item.  One item showed a delivey date but the second item said "Constact CS" so I did.  It turned out that they didn't have my address and needed the security code on my credit card.  What???

I've been buying from QVC since 1986 and have never moved in over 60 years so this is very strange.   I hope there are no issues with security as it seems odd that they do, in fact, have my correct info but suddenly they don't.  Fingers crossed that all is well.  Just had to vent a little.  :smileyfrustrated:

Contributor

Re: Strange Situation With Order

I had a similar situation today with an order placed last week.  I received an email saying my credit card needed to be updated before the order could ship.  The order had been placed with the same up to date credit card I've used on many orders including one that was made after this one and went through with no issues.  I followed the instructions provided and now my order is "in process."  But it was strange.

Honored Contributor

Periodically, it seems all my on-line credit cards with every account ask for that security code.  It's always annoying to have to get up and go get my bag when placing an online order. I think their computers are programmed to ask for that information after a set number of transactions.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

I also had a strange situation on an order in the past few days. I ordered something for my daughter and had it mailed to her. I ordered the item and it gave me the normal Thanks for your order message. I then saw something for my gran daughter and again mailed it to her. All was ack as usual. Yesterday I went into my acct and check the status and on my daughters order it sd CS. I sent a msg via the chat. The rep told me my form of payment had been denied....hmmmm very strange since I used to the same card for other things. Today I received an email from the Q telling me I needed to update my form of payment. I went in and again tried to process it as they sd and it still sd contact CS. I decided phooey and just went an got the item and pd for it......Then I get a msg that they had gotten both my orders...WHAT? It sd it wasn't going thru? So then I had to go back and change some things to get one of the items cancelled. What a hassle. It gave me an instant headache .....I was also asked for my card security code!
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

Periodically, it seems all my on-line credit cards with every account ask for that security code.  It's always annoying to have to get up and go get my bag when placing an online order. I think their computers are programmed to ask for that information after a set number of transactions.

Valued Contributor

@Melzie wrote:

I had the strangest situation today when checking on an order status.

I ordered two of the same item.  One item showed a delivey date but the second item said "Constact CS" so I did.  It turned out that they didn't have my address and needed the security code on my credit card.  What???

I've been buying from QVC since 1986 and have never moved in over 60 years so this is very strange.   I hope there are no issues with security as it seems odd that they do, in fact, have my correct info but suddenly they don't.  Fingers crossed that all is well.  Just had to vent a little.  :smileyfrustrated:

UPDATE:  I checked my order status mid-morning and all looked normal with a shipping date, etc.  This evening I checked again and it said "contact CS" yet again.  Huh?  I called again and explained everything to the CS person and she said it has to be something wrong within their system because all of my info is correct and that she would send a message to the shipping department to see if they can resolve it.  We'll see what things look like in the morning or if the saga will continue.  Not that I wish this delimma on anyone else but I am relieved to see that some others here are experiencing similar oddities and it's not just me.  :smileywink: