Respected Contributor

Re: Strange Request from a co-worker...

@terrier3 wrote:

I recently started a job at a TV station. We had a get together yesterday to discuss practices, procedures and what we can do better.

No topic was off limits.

When we were asked what one thing would be like to see happen - someone wanted a water cooler. I wanted more recognition for new clients. Then a guy said that he wanted open carry in the building. He said that he felt nervous working at a TV station and having to leave his gun in his glove compartment. He said that he carries on all his sales calls (we don't handle money, BTW.) He said that we would be safer if we posted a sign and said that weapons were allowed and encouraged.

Am I the only one who thinks this is a strange request???

Does anyone (and I don't mean LE) work at a business where fellow employees carry their guns???

After the killings in Roanoke I dont think what he said was strange.

Respected Contributor

@60sgirl wrote:

I think the OP made the whole story up so she could sneak in a poll about how everyone feels about CCW laws and the responses are part of her job in the pol arena, where as she has said on other forums, she is extremely busy right now until the elections,  assisting candidates during their campaigns.

That came to your mind also?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

OP, Since your state has such tough gun laws, if this man can pass the conceiled/carry permit tests and forks out money for the permits he should be the safest man in the building.   

http://getconcealedweaponspermit.com/BuffaloNewYorkconcealedweaponspermits

Honored Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

@terrier3 wrote:

I recently started a job at a TV station. We had a get together yesterday to discuss practices, procedures and what we can do better.

No topic was off limits.

When we were asked what one thing would be like to see happen - someone wanted a water cooler. I wanted more recognition for new clients. Then a guy said that he wanted open carry in the building. He said that he felt nervous working at a TV station and having to leave his gun in his glove compartment. He said that he carries on all his sales calls (we don't handle money, BTW.) He said that we would be safer if we posted a sign and said that weapons were allowed and encouraged.

Am I the only one who thinks this is a strange request???

Does anyone (and I don't mean LE) work at a business where fellow employees carry their guns???

After the killings in Roanoke I dont think what he said was strange.

Why should a horrible, RARE (one of a kind, in fact) tragedy make people change their behavior (as if they think that imminent danger is lurking all around us)?

Even the father of the slain reporter isn't for what you think is not strange.

Honored Contributor

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

OP, Since your state has such tough gun laws, if this man can pass the conceiled/carry permit tests and forks out money for the permits he should be the safest man in the building.   

http://getconcealedweaponspermit.com/BuffaloNewYorkconcealedweaponspermits

Why would the ability to pass a test make one safer than others?

Everyone is law abiding until they become UN-law abiding.

I don't even think it's a matter of safety...

QVC Customer Care