Honored Contributor

Re: Strange Request from a co-worker...

@blahblahvampemerblah wrote:

Exactly.  No one can tell that I'm carrying, and that's the way it will stay.  I would prefer open carry though so the criminals would know who to avoid.  On a day-to-day basis, I felt safer when I was living in the Middle East because guns were everywhere.

So if your employer say something suspicious and wanted to frisk you or call in the police to frisk you...since guns aren't allowed in the building - what would you do?

Honored Contributor

So,  HOW much does your air time cost per min. anyway?

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

Trusted Contributor

@terrier3 wrote:

Exactly.  No one can tell that I'm carrying, and that's the way it will stay.  I would prefer open carry though so the criminals would know who to avoid.  On a day-to-day basis, I felt safer when I was living in the Middle East because guns were everywhere.

So if your employer say something suspicious and wanted to frisk you or call in the police to frisk you...since guns aren't allowed in the building - what would you do?

Let them do it or quit.  The Dominos employees who saved themselves are alive because they went against policy, but they're still alive.

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Honored Contributor

@terrier3 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Very strange under the circumstances.  There would be a high risk of him shooting a co-worker if there was a confrontation and the owner would get sued big-time.  I hope tthe boss nixed that idea big-time.  That why we pay for cops, and it's their job.

Response time is usually over five minutes, and that's if they're nearby.  It's too late by the time the crime is starting, but it can be shortened by someone with a gun.  A great example is the beheading in Oklahoma.  Or all the homeowners that stop a home invasion/robbery.  See Harvard and CDC gun studies.

I just remembered something interesting...the police precinct is NEXT DOOR to our building. Literally next door. We can see the patrol cars...the park next to our lot.

Nice, but they still have to be alerted.  Forgot that part huh?  Unless someone is able to make that call, or a alarm goes off, they could be on the other side of the wall and still not be close enough.

I prefer (and so does our company) to rely on trained LE.

I can't imagine how it must feel to be so concerned about VERY RARE stranger on stranger crime.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@K9buddy wrote:

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@Cat Lover Dogs too wrote:

I have a conceal carry permit. In my opinion, he should be allowed to carry, concealed. Open carry could cause a problem, as it could spur someone to do something silly. I am very well trained and if there is a violent criminal intent on committing mass murder, properly trained conceal carry permit holders will shut that down quicker than waiting for police. This has been proven over and over again, but the mainstream media never reports those instances. In my city, the sheriff encourcages conceal carry.  Guns do not commit crimes, people do. Cars don't cause accidents, people do. Alcohol doesn't cause fatalities, drunk people do. The instances of mass shootings always occur in "Gun-free zones". Criminals do not obey laws, lawful gun owners do.

Guns don't shoot people, people with guns shoot people. And babies with guns shoot people. And dogs with guns shoot people. But it's cool, we'll just learn how to spot responsible gun owners and tell them apart from the irresponsible ones who let their toddlers and dogs shoot people.

I don't understand your reply to Cat Lover and why you quoted her in blue and underlined it.  It kind of sounded like sarcasm but even then I still don't get it.

Those things underlined in blue are hyperlinks to articles about the number of gun deaths in America, a baby shooting a mother with the gun from her purse, and the number of dogs that have used unattended guns to shoot people. (Toddlers have shot someone every week this year. That's another link.)

And I said those things because she used the argument that guns don't shoot people, people do. People with guns shoot people and irresponsible gun owners who leave their guns out ensure that toddlers and pets also shoot people.

Honored Contributor

@terrier3 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Very strange under the circumstances.  There would be a high risk of him shooting a co-worker if there was a confrontation and the owner would get sued big-time.  I hope tthe boss nixed that idea big-time.  That why we pay for cops, and it's their job.

Response time is usually over five minutes, and that's if they're nearby.  It's too late by the time the crime is starting, but it can be shortened by someone with a gun.  A great example is the beheading in Oklahoma.  Or all the homeowners that stop a home invasion/robbery.  See Harvard and CDC gun studies.

I just remembered something interesting...the police precinct is NEXT DOOR to our building. Literally next door. We can see the patrol cars...the park next to our lot.

Nice, but they still have to be alerted.  Forgot that part huh?  Unless someone is able to make that call, or a alarm goes off, they could be on the other side of the wall and still not be close enough.

And did you forget that there's been no mass shooting stopped by an armed bystander? There have, however, been mass shootings stopped by unarmed bystanders and police.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@terrier3 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

And did you forget that there's been no mass shooting stopped by an armed bystander? There have, however, been mass shootings stopped by unarmed bystanders and police.

Good point... I never thought of that.

I think there are responsible gun owners who abide by the laws.  I worry about the people who try to change the rules, because they feel superior and feel rules do not apply to them. The ego can be very harmful... if the person is having a bad day. 

Honored Contributor

IMO - i do not think they should be giving out all these concealed carry permits to everyone who asks. I think the general public has a right to be aware of who is walking up toward them with a gun!!!!

As for the OP's co worker - if he is carrying guns on sales calls I wonder how your customer's feel about that.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is argumentative.