Respected Contributor

Re: Strange Request from a co-worker...

[ Edited ]

I'm unaware of any test that allows us to tell which gun owner is responsible, licensed or not.  Do they have a seal of approval on their foreheads?

I wouldn't be too comfortable with this particular co-worker.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

@RoughDraft wrote:

I'm unaware of any test that allows us to tell which gun owner is responsible, licensed or not.  Do they have a seal of approval on their foreheads?

I wouldn't be to comfortable with this particular co-worker.

People are responsible until they're NOT.

He's been around the business a long time and has always been a little "strange" in his beliefs...at least strange for this area...

Esteemed Contributor

If he is as worried as you say he is, why is he leaving his gun in the glove box?

He could get a holster and carry concealed.

Honored Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

If he is as worried as you say he is, why is he leaving his gun in the glove box?

Guns are not allowed in our building, as per management.

My son thought he was foolish to tell everyone where he keeps his gun...and that he always has a bullet in the chamber, ready to go (whatever that means!)

Respected Contributor

One has to wonder about his "selling" technique!!  Have gun...WILL sell TV time.Woman LOL

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Probably not a good idea to leave a gun in a parked car. Too many car robberies in many places.  Also, didn't someone somewhere recently steal a law enforcement person's gun, and then later fatally sh**t a woman?  Thought I read or heard something about it in the news.  .....p.s.  I sadly envision a group of teens, roaming around, breaking into a car, stealing a loaded gun, and then roaming around possibly looking for trouble.........Not a pretty picture. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

@terrier3 wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

My son thought he was foolish to tell everyone where he keeps his gun...and that he always has a bullet in the chamber, ready to go (whatever that means!)

Unless "management" frisks every employee they have no idea if someone has a gun on them.

Honored Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@terrier3 wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

Unless "management" frisks every employee they have no idea if someone has a gun on them.

Why would someone break a company rule???

It would be the same if he lied to a client or falsified contracts - all are against company policy.

Honored Contributor

@RoughDraft wrote:

One has to wonder about his "selling" technique!!  Have gun...WILL sell TV time.Woman LOL

There was a poster once circulating in advertising offices...a guy was holding up a rabbit with a gun to his head.

The caption said "Buy my upfront package or the bunny gets it."

Respected Contributor

@terrier3 wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

From the sound of it, this guy is the LAST guy I would want carrying a gun around me.  He sounds like an idiot.  He'll be lucky he doesn't shoot himself pulling his "one in the chamber" gun out of his glove box.  That exact scenario happened in my area just recently.