Honored Contributor

I checked my account this evening to see if an order had shipped and was very surprised to see an order for a large $70. Vera Bradley tote.  Now I am about the last person on earth who would carry or gift a Vera Bradley anything.  I've never even looked at them.  It was too late for CS to cancel it, so now I sit and wait for it to slowly make its way here so I can return it.  All the while, my money is tied up.  How could this have happened???

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

That certainly is strange.

Was the VB order placed the same day you placed your order?

Is your other order(s) still being processed?

Honored Contributor

I can't even fathom how this could happen.  Did you call CS, and if so, what explanation did you get?

Esteemed Contributor

Strange order or not some has used your credit card and Q had no right to authorize the purchase of something you have not ordered.

Honored Contributor

Compare the item numbers and see if you transposed digits,  and that's how you ended up with the wrong item ..... that's the only thing that comes to mind.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I checked my account this evening to see if an order had shipped and was very surprised to see an order for a large $70. Vera Bradley tote.  Now I am about the last person on earth who would carry or gift a Vera Bradley anything.  I've never even looked at them.  It was too late for CS to cancel it, so now I sit and wait for it to slowly make its way here so I can return it.  All the while, my money is tied up.  How could this have happened???

@Kachina624

Hi Kachina,

It's going to be time consuming, but if I were you, I'd check your state laws regarding consumer rights.  For instance, in many states if you receive something you did not order, it's yours and you do not have to pay for it.

That said, clearly, the challenge here will be getting the charges removed immediately: get this matter kicked upstairs at QVC, to be addressed by someone who has the authority to straighten out this issue right now.

Also, should you return the bag, please insure that there's no way you get stuck with shipping charges.

All the best.

Honored Contributor

Re: Strange Purchase

[ Edited ]

@Bestdressed wrote:

That certainly is strange.

Was the VB order placed the same day you placed your order?

Is your other order(s) still being processed?

No, I did not place an order that day.  My CC # and PIN are in my computer but no one has been in the house except me and a password is needed to sign in on my tablets and computers.  The order listed my shipping address.  The order is being processed but couldn't be stopped.  No explanation from CS.  I also did not receive an order confirmation as I usually do.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

That is bizzare.

If it was me. I would definately report it as fraud to my CC company.

I would think CS could at least tell how the order was placed, phone or internet.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

The same has happened to me.  I called CS and was able to cancel the item though.  If you think the Q will trace the transaction back to someone - forget it.  Won't happen, they are not in the detective or police business.  You can return it charge free and that's all. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Esteemed Contributor

I know that this might sound weird, but could it be possible that you ordered it in your sleep?

I mean, people sleep walk, and certain sleep medications have side effects of people doing strage thing while asleep, so it's not unheard of to sleep shop.

Anyway, you can just refuse delivery, and you won't be charged a penny.

It's the simplest and easiest thing to do.

Just be sure to let CS know that you refused delivery on it, and that it's being sent back.