Respected Contributor

There was a recent Or Paz TSV that must have been featured in the Insider becasuse there are 500 some reviews already posted. One review caught my eye. The reviewer said the stone, the London Blue topaz, was not genuine. The color washed off and she was left with a piece of glass. I was really surprised by this. Do you think the Q's quality control missed it or is the reviewer being untruthful? I'm not sure what to think.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

@The Monkey on My Back wrote:

There was a recent Or Paz TSV that must have been featured in the Insider becasuse there are 500 some reviews already posted. One review caught my eye. The reviewer said the stone, the London Blue topaz, was not genuine. The color washed off and she was left with a piece of glass. I was really surprised by this. Do you think the Q's quality control missed it or is the reviewer being untruthful? I'm not sure what to think.

She probably soaked it in some kind of jewelry cleaner that was caustic. Blue Topaz sometimes lose a bit of their color due to the fact that they are heat treated. The blue topaz that Or Paz uses are not "coated" so it couldn't have washed off.

Respected Contributor

@Trinity11 That makes more sense than saying the color washed off.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Respected Contributor

Yes, the TSV that was on Thursday, was the exact same TSV that Or Pax had in December. They mentioned it was Dec 31st. It apparently was popular so the same TSV was presented. Similar to what they do with the Dyson Vacumns. That is why there are loads of reviews about the ring.

With all products, sometimes a product gets through that doesn't look good. There are issues with the Or Paz Glass peeling, sizing issues are a big problem with Or Paz and there possibly could be an issue with a certain stone.

Respected Contributor

Re: Strange Or Paz review

[ Edited ]

@Trinity11 wrote:

She probably soaked it in some kind of jewelry cleaner that was caustic. Blue Topaz sometimes lose a bit of their color due to the fact that they are heat treated. The blue topaz that Or Paz uses are not "coated" so it couldn't have washed off.

Rubbish. You have no idea what the woman did or didn't do. She may have explained the issue incorrectly. But she feels there is a problem, so take it for what it is worth!

I have 2 Or Paz rings and 2 sets of earrings. And no, I did not purchase that TSV in December or in May!

Respected Contributor

@CalMom Thanks. Is the glass that's peelng the Roman glass?

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Respected Contributor

@CalMom Thanks. Is the glass that's peelng the Roman glass?

Yes, many women have complained about Or Paz's Roman Glass rings, pendants and earrings.

However, I have opted not to purchase any Roman Glass pieces.

Honored Contributor

@CalMom wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

Rubbish. You have no idea what the woman did or didn't do. She may have explained the issue incorrectly. But she feels there is a problem, so take it for what it is worth!

I have 2 Or Paz rings and 2 sets of earrings. And no, I did not purchase that TSV in December or in May!

Rubbish? OMG.....That's telling me.

Honored Contributor

i bought the TSV when it was first offered months ago......bought it in the peridot and the amethyst. the stones are beautiful and saturated. i have had no problems with them at all. i did also order the garnet and waitlisted the opal during this most recent TSV presentation. i like this ring so much that i am planning on getting all of the colors.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 Glad to hear you like the rings! I ordered the opal and I'm crossing my fingers that I like it as I hate to return stuff. 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____