Esteemed Contributor

@willdob3  Just one serious accident and perhaps they will stop this.  Somehow even after saying this I doubt it will  make a difference. 

Esteemed Contributor

I've turned off the news and discovered our local EMS online streaming website.  They just said there's a big tree that's fallen on power lines and blocking a road a few miles away.  Then several units came on to say they are responding.  Then others volunteered to help if needed.  I find this much more informative than any of those live updates on TV since this is a local channel about first responders. 

Honored Contributor

Another side of the coin seems to be the over-dramatizing that some reporters are apparently willing to do.  It's a tiny part of what can make news consumers skeptical, I believe.  And very bad for the profession, as others in it have acknowledged.

Could be wrong, but this reporter seems to be exaggerating and "hyping" conditions, bending over and seeming to have trouble with his footing, while two people behind him just walk along normally.  Fakery is the last thing that is needed in serious events like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LuHA5jHV5s

Honored Contributor

Every channel is constant weather reporting because it’s NC. I’m not sure, at this point, if even the pros know what’s happening w/ the storm. The local forecasters seem to have egg on their faces after scaring the cwap out of us in central NC and still nothing more than a normal amount of rain and some wind.

On Tuesday, they were telling us to plan a safe place like closets or baths w/o windows. I can understand those directives for the coast. They got hit hard, but now that it seems things are fizzling out for my area, 24 hr. coverage? They keep repeating the same stories, showing the same maps, etc. They’ve run out of what to say. 

Tonite one of the forecasters said there were so many outages in the coastal areas, etc., but they should stay tuned to get current news when the power would be restored. What?!?!? Tune in without power, electricity, etc.