Honored Contributor

I also don't think the weather people should have to be out in this weather reporting it. If I had that job I would have called in sick this week.

Yes they said to get out yet people have to go back in to rescue those that did not leave. Makes me mad those people are putting so many at danger because they did not leave.

Here's a tweet from someone that stayed in New Bern NC where 150 were/are stranded being rescued.

If anybody could help... our cars is under water and so is our house stuck in attic. Phone about to die please send help to 611 Watson ave, new bern. NC

Honored Contributor

7MtU.gifFineBrightBluetickcoonhound-max-1mb.gifgiphy.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I think that Jim Cantore is a bit of a dare devil/thrill seeker and loves what he does. He is a great guy, but ,I don't think anyone makes him do a thing he doesn't want to

Ah yes!  I was just thinking about him but couldn't remember his name.  

I don't think they put themselves in danger.    For the most part, I think they are able to control the environment as much as possible and get out of there if it does become dangerous. 

I kind of don't get why everybody and their brother needs to spend 97 hours a day on storm coverage, however.  If you have cable, you have the weather channel and, for the most part, I always thought that is where the hours on end of coverage belongs.   Clearly, I'm wrong.  hehe

Esteemed Contributor

Steve Harrigan on Fox, was just outside reporting, and I the wind was blowing so hard, I couldn't hardly understand what he was saying.

I just think these reporters safety should be more important than this. I don't care how much they are getting paid.

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I think that Jim Cantore is a bit of a dare devil/thrill seeker and loves what he does. He is a great guy, but ,I don't think anyone makes him do a thing he doesn't want to

@cherry - DS' idol! He has been since DS was a little boy. Two years ago they had a tornado warning at his campus. Students were sent home from their classes. I knew DS' dorm would have a safe place. When I called him after he got back to the dorm and asked him if he was "sheltered in place," he said he was on the roof of the dorm taking pictures. He was saying, "Wow - look at that!" and I was freaking out and yelling "Get back inside!" 

I understand reporters stay at safe hotels with generators, so they do have power. 

Honored Contributor
Every time I have turned on the tv, there has been hurricane coverage with some poor reporter hanging on to a post or pole with one hand and his microphone with the other. I do wonder how much the network pays when and if they are injured or killed while out there where everyone else has been told it's too dangerous to be.
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is political

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac Thank you! 😂😂

Keepin' it real.
Super Contributor

I was watching Fox and friends and reporter, Griff Jenkins, was on the edge of a seawall somewhere in NC, and he requently had to grab the steel chain that roped off the seawall and hang in. I had to turn the channel. It would have been so easy, even holding on to a chain, for those winds to knock him over and he'd be in those dangerous waters and that would have been the end if him. It was nerve wrecking to watch. How dumb! He was risking it all, for what - to feel cool for a day or two??? To have a story to tell down the road??? . . 

Honored Contributor

@bonnielu

I find the media to be very annoying in this type of situation. PLEASE, let a few of the idiot reporters be blown away! We don’t need to see fools standing knee deep in flood water unable to stand up straight because of the wind. 

IDIOTS. 

No one needs to watch 24/7 media drama about a hurricane. It is unhealthy.