Honored Contributor

Re: Stores will not take Returns

I won't be retuning any TP. That's for sure. LOL!Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

I don't think anyone will be trying to return their hoarded items, because this "shutdown" by states for all non-essential businesses is likely to continue for 18 months until a vaccine is made available.  I read this just yesterday in Business Insider news.  People have no idea how long this social isolation (and business shutdown) will last for them.  So many small businesses are going to be permanently destroyed.  It is very sad for them, and for all of us, too. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Buffalogal47 wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 :  This has nothing to do with the virus. Most states have rules against returning prescription medicine. The pharmacy cannot take it back. At least you don't have to pay for it since it wasn't your error. If your community ever has hazardous waste disposal days, you can bring unused prescriptions in and they will safely dispose of them so they don't contaminate the water table.

@Angelpuppy

I was about to post the same thing. I was told this years ago by the pharmacist. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@Jersey Born wrote:

I don't think anyone will be trying to return their hoarded items, because this "shutdown" by states for all non-essential businesses is likely to continue for 18 months until a vaccine is made available.  I read this just yesterday in Business Insider news.  People have no idea how long this social isolation (and business shutdown) will last for them.  So many small businesses are going to be permanently destroyed.  It is very sad for them, and for all of us, too. 

I have not heard about any lockdown lasting that long. Right now we are doing this to flatten the curve, not as a long term fix prior to a vaccine.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Valued Contributor

They'll be selling it out of the trunks of their cars, at a big loss.

Esteemed Contributor

Good!!!  Happy to know the greedy jerks can't get their money back.  For those trying to gouge prices, they should be fined and all of their stockpiles donated to the needy.  And, no, they shouldn't be allowed to claim the cost as a loss on their taxes.

Trusted Contributor

@grandma r : Price gouging during a state of emergency is a felony in some states. The lowlifes wouldn't be allowed a tax deduction for the loss of their hoard anyway. If they even bother to file income tax returns anyway. 

Valued Contributor

Good move!  I applaud them!

May the hoarders' stashes rot.

Esteemed Contributor

@Buffalogal47. The scumbag from Tennessee was interviewed.  He said he didn't see anything wrong with what he did and would do it again.  He said since he felt forced to donate the items, he plans to write off the cost on his taxes.  He should at least be fined for his rotten behavior.

Respected Contributor

Although we have a Costco here, we don't have a membership, but I say good for them. And I expect others will follow suit. Addressing the TP specifically, who knows where that's been?

When I buy TP, I expect it to come from a warehouse, with only a store as the intermediary--not someone's house or bathroom.

What worries you masters you.